Tiaki chan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: Tiaki chan

Post by Suzieb »

Chan will be 107-10 before next season starts watch this space
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

w.thomas wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:52 pm Don’t know much about him to be honest, just have to see how he goes. He’s not very big at under 100kg and quite young, with walters signing I’m not sure we need another project prop, we need an older pack leader if you ask me. If I’m way off the mark with this one please enlighten me, can’t say I’ve ever seen Chan play.
We have a fair few project props in the Reserves/Academy...did Tiaki play against us this season?

Walters seems ready for first team now and plugs a gap so no arguments there.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Chan better than walters for me. Walters needs to start running to his height and weight. A lot of lateral movement which is completely different to his academy days. Chan very good footwork and of the havard mould. Will be loved here I’m sure of it
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:23 am
w.thomas wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:52 pm Don’t know much about him to be honest, just have to see how he goes. He’s not very big at under 100kg and quite young, with walters signing I’m not sure we need another project prop, we need an older pack leader if you ask me. If I’m way off the mark with this one please enlighten me, can’t say I’ve ever seen Chan play.
We have a fair few project props in the Reserves/Academy...did Tiaki play against us this season?

Seem to remember seeing his name on the roster the last time we played Catalans at ours, mainly because a number of people round us thought they heard 'Jackie Chan' :D
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

benjamaphone wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:43 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:23 am

Seem to remember seeing his name on the roster the last time we played Catalans at ours, mainly because a number of people round us thought they heard 'Jackie Chan' :D
He was on the bench for that game and maybe played (I'll check) but not in the team for Magic. I'd guess he played at the DW last season when Cats sent a weakened team?
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:52 am Chan will be 107-10 before next season starts watch this space
What diet are they gonna get the lad on to achieve that? 110kg? Pies and a few pints down at the central? 🤪
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

The club has told junior that they want him to get to 108kg source junior
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:30 am The club has told junior that they want him to get to 108kg source junior
That doesn't seem too heavy given he's 6'5" probably won't affect his mobility either.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:58 am
Suzieb wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:30 am The club has told junior that they want him to get to 108kg source junior
That doesn't seem too heavy given he's 6'5" probably won't affect his mobility either.
He's listed as 105kg already so an extra 3kg won't make all that much difference. I gain that every Xmas :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:30 am
Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:58 am
He's listed as 105kg already so an extra 3kg won't make all that much difference. I gain that every Xmas :lol:
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan