Disciplinary | Match Review Panel

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Disciplinary | Match Review Panel

Post by josie andrews »

Following the latest round of Betfred Super League fixtures, the Match Review Panel have issued the following sanctions:

Oliver Partington (Salford Red Devils) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice

Jai Whitbread (Wakefield Trinity) – Grade B Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine

Brad O’Neill (Wigan Warriors) - Grade A Dangerous Contact - £250 Fine

Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook (St Helens) – Grade B High Tackle - £250 Fine

Paul Seguier (Catalans Dragons) – Grade B Dangerous Throw - £250 Fine

The following player was handed a caution:
David Fusitua (Leeds Rhinos) – Leads with knee

Match Review Panel Minutes Monday 10 July

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61 ... view-panel
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Disciplinary | Match Review Panel

Post by the pieman »

so i've seen 2 clips of the Salford v Leeds game
clip 1 - virtually 26 man brawl - not a mention of it
clip 2 - salford put up high kick - kicker is taken out late - no mention of it (the clip was on twitter as a chasing attacker was nudged out the way and should possibly have received a penalty)

so not only did Leeds apparently get all the 50:50 calls on the day, by the looks of it got very lucky with the disciplinary as taking a kicker out has been a ban every week this season so far
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Shorrocks hasn't been banned, but should it have been a penalty
pedro

Post by pedro »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:46 pm Shorrocks hasn't been banned, but should it have been a penalty
yep, lads a dickhead, cost us the game and should be dropped this week due to it, idiot plays like that really annoy me
bertina

Post by bertina »

Ipinwigan wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:46 pm Shorrocks hasn't been banned, but should it have been a penalty
should have been kicked in the bo***cks by all of his team mates on the way off for that stupid, pointless follow through on the kicker. Why do it ??? The game was over.!!!
keptinthedarkfans

Re: òisciplinary | Match Review Panel

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

pedro wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:50 pm
yep, lads a dickhead, cost us the game and should be dropped this week due to it, idiot plays like that really annoy me
He didn't lose us the game. They scored 24points before that penalty. Every player on team was to blame.
pedro

Post by pedro »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:10 am
He didn't lose us the game. They scored 24points before that penalty. Every player on team was to blame.
yeah he did, game was won until Shorrocks gave away a needless pointless penalty....
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:19 am

yeah he did, game was won until Shorrocks gave away a needless pointless penalty....
Rubbish it's not won until they walk off the pitch.

The ball could have bounced back towards a chaser been picked up and intercepted.

We.could have knocked on while collecting.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:35 pm
pedro wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:19 am

Rubbish it's not won until they walk off the pitch.

The ball could have bounced back towards a chaser been picked up and intercepted.

We.could have knocked on while collecting.
utter tosh, zero game management by him.....total idiot, you play safe basic rugby in the lead with a minute to go...its not rocket science and are taught this young, I was
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What I'd say about Shorrocks is this: I listened to JM and Bilko's commentary, and throughout the game they were praising Wigan for putting pressure on the opposition kicker (and it usually was Shorrocks). So, right to do it throughout the game, but wrong to do it in the last few minutes? Maybe. But let's be right, the challenge was pretty innocuous.