he has to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: he has to go

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

i will say millward drove me insane, cos i could hear his voice in my heaad, saying
"there is no need to panic we ave X number of games to prove ourselves"
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
i will say millward drove me insane, cos i could hear his voice in my heaad, saying
"there is no need to panic we ave X number of games to prove ourselves"
And you coaching credentials are.....????
Thought so.
chorleywarrior

Post by chorleywarrior »

Well I can honestly say after watching Wigan for over 20 years this is one of my darkest days.I never thought I would see us battered by a team that has just come up!
I'm not sure whether sacking Millward so soon is the answer or not but one thing that everybody agrees on is things must change very quickly or people are going to start shouting from the stands for his departure and I think once that starts the team will really hit rock bottom thats if their not already there!
After watching the way Saints played on Friday I've seen nothing to suggest we won't be onto yet another 70 point hammering and I think that really would be the final straw.....come on lads buck up!
Nine

Post by Nine »

Could I just correct Jinkin Jimmy? Danny Orr did NOT pass to no one. He passed to Stuart Wilkinson, the water-carrier.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

P.S. Sack Millward? Don't be so daft. He's the one who will get us out of this mess.
Squad number 18!
Ruzzle

Post by Ruzzle »

I'm with Nine on this one. Getting rid of IM would be a bad move all round. Didn't IM mention when he started the job that it would get worse before it got better. Can only hope this is the worse bit!! As has been mentioned previously, he doesen't coach stupid passing, dropped balls and various other daft play during the coaching sessions during the week does he??!!

He might give a Churchillian style motivational speach in the dressing room before the game for all I know, but if the players decide they are going to leave their brains back in the dressing room he can't do an awful lot about it (apart from stuff them back in their ears at half time)

My opinion, back Millward all the way and he will give us what we are looking for eventually, as he stated when he took the job. No quick fixes here folks, patience required so no knee jerk reactions please. :cool:
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

if he gets sacked then that will be a nice round figure 10 years with 10 coaches, Stick with him the guy needs time and before someone comes on and says "He has had ten months" it is only this year he has been building his own team and he ain't finished yet,
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

chorleywarrior posted:
Well I can honestly say after watching Wigan for over 20 years this is one of my darkest days.I never thought I would see us battered by a team that has just come up!
I'm not sure whether sacking Millward so soon is the answer or not but one thing that everybody agrees on is things must change very quickly or people are going to start shouting from the stands for his departure and I think once that starts the team will really hit rock bottom thats if their not already there!
After watching the way Saints played on Friday I've seen nothing to suggest we won't be onto yet another 70 point hammering and I think that really would be the final straw.....come on lads buck up!
whats the bets on a 3 figure score the sts have got it in there minds they can do it :doz:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Sorry, but are you watching the same rubish as me. Calderwood is at least trying and was the only one whos howed some respect to us yesterday. As with moran he is getting no help.

But the main thing your getting wrong is the fact your having a go at the attacking players. They scred 18 points yesterday which should have been enough. ITs the defence where we need changes.

Get rid of tickle and Higham, thats a start.
Brianed0

Post by Brianed0 »

jolleymax posted:
i do agree with you but who next.

the team is not performing or playing like a team should do.

calderwood was his usual poor selfand although richards scored and had a hand in some other attempts he isnt performing either.

again moron disapears had no idea what to do when he gets the ball and as far as i am concerned is a big part of the problems at the club get rid of him, and get him to take millward and the bent bookie with him.
I am a Wiganner and have been watching and supporting Wigan for the last 55 years. Although I now live 50 miles away I get to every game I can. I have seen 4 of our 6 games live and the Catalan game on TV.
Before this season started, like most people, I had high hopes of a sucess this season.
I never have minded us losing as long as we gave our all. This season I have not seen that. I have seen us start each game with some measure of enthusiasm and finish each one as though no-one has any heart to play on, even the one game we won. I am sure this is not fitness. I guess the ones who should inspire players are the coach and the captain.
Sean is a great palyer, but I am not sure he is a leader. Does he have the presence of captains of old? I don't think so. Can you see Andy in the second half if we were playing so badly? He would be tearing players to pieces.
Ian is a good coach who did very well for Saints. He does not seem to be having the same influence with us.
The answer? Well I am afraid I don't know. If I did I would apply for Ian's job. Maybe the answer is relegation and then a fight back. Either way I will always be a Wiganner.
Brian Edwards, supporter since 1950. Once Wigan, always Wigan
backin2006

Post by backin2006 »

im sorry but ur wrong dave whealan must sell b4 we r back winning tropheys hes totaly latics and has put no money in to the warriors since he took over.move over dave let some1 who actually cares buy us please b4 u take us down