Byrne

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Byrne

Post by lucky 13 »

Nothing wrong with that from him tonight toughed it with their best and finished on top.
Well pleased for him big stepping stone on his path tonight. Fearless with no backward steps after a bad knock... looked like a broken nose...
I'm sure some will still knock the lad but for me he's still a young top prospect who's already committed and comfortable at SL level and with time and a little patience could be one of our best.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:03 am Nothing wrong with that from him tonight toughed it with their best and finished on top.
Well pleased for him big stepping stone on his path tonight. Fearless with no backward steps after a bad knock... looked like a broken nose...
I'm sure some will still knock the lad but for me he's still a young top prospect who's already committed and comfortable at SL level and with time and a little patience could be one of our best.
I agree. Props usually come into their own at around 27 Yeats of age he’s just turned 24 & Liam & Havard were overused IMO when still quite young. No disrespect to anyone at the club.

Excellent future 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Coming of age performance. Catalans were coming after him and he stood his ground and gave it them back.
pedro

Post by pedro »

the hit on Navarette at the end after him lashing out just before was awesome, absolutely steamrolled him
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I’m a big fan of Byrnes but expressed doubts about him earlier in this thread, last night he answered those doubts and hopefully turned a big corner, same could be said about Mago who I thought started to turn his form around at Wakefield, all in all big game for all the team
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I was absolutely doubting him a few weeks ago. Not knowing he was carrying a knock he looked lethargic, uninterested and very soft. Last night he was the complete opposite. Brilliant tough performance. By far the best I've seen him play
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:09 pm I was absolutely doubting him a few weeks ago. Not knowing he was carrying a knock he looked lethargic, uninterested and very soft. Last night he was the complete opposite. Brilliant tough performance. By far the best I've seen him play
Me too but shouldnt he have been rested if our coaching staff was aware of this? Too late now or we might have had a challenge cup in our cupboard
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

i also doubted him. and it gave me no pleasure to say so. In this game he was a proper prop, well played Liam. The start of a new chapter I hope.
I bet he will remember both the first and last tackles of the game for very different reasons for some while to come. Great to see he had that aggression in him, what a hit on Navarrete.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:28 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:09 pm I was absolutely doubting him a few weeks ago. Not knowing he was carrying a knock he looked lethargic, uninterested and very soft. Last night he was the complete opposite. Brilliant tough performance. By far the best I've seen him play
Me too but shouldnt he have been rested if our coaching staff was aware of this? Too late now or we might have had a challenge cup in our cupboard
I think the main reason he put his hand up to play and was played was the injuries to Cooper and Havard, along with the Ellis bans and Mago being out of form. Think Smithies may have been pushed up there if it had not been for Isa being injured and KPP also. That's why Hill got so much game time in that period and Byrne had to play busted not sure we can lay not winning the cup with this as we didn't have an option.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:28 pm
Wasn't rested I'd guess because we were stuffed for players!