Today's Game/Wigan squad for Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Today's Game/Wigan squad for Leeds

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Welski wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:04 pm Great performance by both the boys and myself if I do say!

On holiday in Santorini at the moment got my nephew who is house sitting to unscrew the security camera run a cable into the lounge and point it at the TV was able to watch the whole game on my phone (under a hat) from my sun lounger! Hahaha
Welski, did you play any part in the Hatton Garden job? Enjoy your holiday mate.
Charriots Offiah

I thought the referee was fine today, Wigan were just better. The good news about Leeds is that the beer is good 😀
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:06 pm I thought the referee was fine today, Wigan were just better. The good news about Leeds is that the beer is good 😀
Yes he was very good.Only downer was the constant replay of the field try by the video refs
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Cracking win!
Have to admit I was abit uninspired in the first 20 minutes from both teams, poor quality, but we grew into the game I just really took it to Leeds and to nil them at their spot is brilliant. Smith to lose his job?
Shame about Byrne has been in good form of late, got to say though I was on the floor in hysterics when Barrie said about him being the best prop in the comp.
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:51 pm We really need to keep king next season.He adds so much to this tesm.Thought faz and field did so much unnoticed stuff.I reckon we get a 6 ( maybe keighran) and a top backrower next season and we will be unstoppable.French still looks unsure at standoff but he is tackling so much so maybe, just maybe, we csn come away with the SL GF this year.Im praying no rain
I'll be surprised if we sign a 6 for next season as, despite being sceptical when the move was first made, I now don't see how we make much of an improvement on French. Certainly we aren't seeing the blistering runs that we saw when he was on the wing but I think we are seeing a much more rounded footballer who seems increasingly comfortable in the role. He also still demands attention from opposition defences which seems to be allowing more room for Field to be really influential in attack and Field's timing of passes, particularly to Jake Wardle, is superb. A top back-rower would though be a great addition.
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:51 pm We really need to keep king next season.He adds so much to this tesm.Thought faz and field did so much unnoticed stuff.I reckon we get a 6 ( maybe keighran) and a top backrower next season and we will be unstoppable.French still looks unsure at standoff but he is tackling so much so maybe, just maybe, we csn come away with the SL GF this year.Im praying no rain
The team is in play off mode now.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:57 pm Cracking win!
Have to admit I was abit uninspired in the first 20 minutes from both teams, poor quality, but we grew into the game I just really took it to Leeds and to nil them at their spot is brilliant. Smith to lose his job?
Shame about Byrne has been in good form of late, got to say though I was on the floor in hysterics when Barrie said about him being the best prop in the comp.
Coaches often talk about "sticking to processes" and similar. I thought that the outstanding thing about today's performance was that we weren't spectacular, didn't try to razzle-dazzle, but stuck to the script.

If we can keep it going, we're in with a real chance this year - Saints are just past their peak, and Cats looked vulnerable when we turned up last week.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 pm
Coaches often talk about "sticking to processes" and similar. I thought that the outstanding thing about today's performance was that we weren't spectacular, didn't try to razzle-dazzle, but stuck to the script.

If we can keep it going, we're in with a real chance this year - Saints are just past their peak, and Cats looked vulnerable when we turned up last week.
Oddly I think saints are absolutely on target for the grand final Catalan have wobbled but won again as we know..I said a few weeks back saints v Catalan in the final so I'll keep that prediction happy with the form since I said it,but whatever happens I'd be amazed if saints aren't waiting
Charriots Offiah

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 pm

That first 20 minutes laid the platform for the next 60. It enabled us to take the juice out of Leeds and we fully exploited it with some superb rugby.
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

If there is any way we can keep King we should go all out. He has become one of my favourite players and you can see he loves it at Wigan.