Today's Game/Wigan squad for Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Today's Game/Wigan squad for Leeds

Post by morley pie eater »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:15 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:57 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:57 pm Cracking win!
Have to admit I was abit uninspired in the first 20 minutes from both teams, poor quality, but we grew into the game I just really took it to Leeds and to nil them at their spot is brilliant. Smith to lose his job?
Shame about Byrne has been in good form of late, got to say though I was on the floor in hysterics when Barrie said about him being the best prop in the comp.
Coaches often talk about "sticking to processes" and similar. I thought that the outstanding thing about today's performance was that we weren't spectacular, didn't try to razzle-dazzle, but stuck to the script.

If we can keep it going, we're in with a real chance this year - Saints are just past their peak, and Cats looked vulnerable when we turned up last week.
That first 20 minutes laid the platform for the next 60. It enabled us to take the juice out of Leeds and we fully exploited it with some superb rugby.
Exactly!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Brilliant performance. Brilliant day out . Rehydration in the intense heat was the name of the game lol . Pints at £2.80 during the ladies game in the North Stand helped enormously ha ha ha . Nightmare journey home for the Glasgow branch (half our party) when all trains Norh of Carlise were cancelled and didn't get home till 1:30 am. Edinburgh branch home with no problems and had a bit of a chuckle at the other lots expense (that will come hack to bite us no doubt)

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I am still wondering why on the stroke of half time, literally as the hooter went when the ball was in the air Wigan didn't get the penalty for the ball not going 10 yards from the kick off. The way Harry was kicking he could have got one from right in front of the sticks even if it was on the half way.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought the same, ian.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

You have also got to question why Sinfield was allowed to stand in front of the ball when he is taking that kick off, he is gaining an advantage.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ian.birchall wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:34 pm I am still wondering why on the stroke of half time, literally as the hooter went when the ball was in the air Wigan didn't get the penalty for the ball not going 10 yards from the kick off. The way Harry was kicking he could have got one from right in front of the sticks even if it was on the half way.
Yep i forgot about that.Possibly keeping the score down but in all honesty its pretty poor regardless
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Perfect game, perfect run in to the playoffs so far. Well done to the coaching team and players. It's exactly what we did under wane, took flak from the fans mid season and then came into the playoffs on a 10 match winning run building momentum for a GF win.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:24 pm Brilliant performance. Brilliant day out . Rehydration in the intense heat was the name of the game lol . Pints at £2.80 during the ladies game in the North Stand helped enormously ha ha ha . Nightmare journey home for the Glasgow branch (half our party) when all trains Norh of Carlise were cancelled and didn't get home till 1:30 am. Edinburgh branch home with no problems and had a bit of a chuckle at the other lots expense (that will come hack to bite us no doubt)

EW
:lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:32 pm Perfect game, perfect run in to the playoffs so far. Well done to the coaching team and players. It's exactly what we did under wane, took flak from the fans mid season and then came into the playoffs on a 10 match winning run building momentum for a GF win.
I hope you are right Mike. Let's get the LL shield sorted first.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

The only negative for me is that nobody proper banjoed that mard arse Newman