Grand Final Ticket update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Grand Final Ticket update

Post by Mike »

I guess its because we don't have the website thats capable of showing a representation of old trafford with our available tickets in it. And we don't have the time to set that up even if we did have when we only get our allocation hours or minutes before it has to go on sale. It should all be handled centrally IMO because they can set all this up in advance. It easier to do in person with a printed out diagram and pointing at blocks, much harder to set it all up online and over the phone.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The downside to "everyone has to buy tickets from the RFL" (which, I agree, has a certain simplicity to it) is that it leaves no mechanism for finalists' STHs to get first shout (or pick their seats).

But as things turned out... :P

At root, it's this: should Wigan (and Cats) fans get a better deal on tickets than Joe Public? I think, obviously, they should. And certainly this year, that hasn't happened.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:13 pm Do the club get any benefit from selling their own tickets. I think the revenue doesn't go to the clubs directly for finals. So its not really very important to buy from the club unless you want to be right in our blocks? Perhaps they should just do the whole thing through the RFL website in future?
Yes, if the tickets are sold by the RFL. I’ve been led to believe that the sales are shared between all SLClubs but can’t really confirm this.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

moto748 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:49 pm The downside to "everyone has to buy tickets from the RFL" (which, I agree, has a certain simplicity to it) is that it leaves no mechanism for finalists' STHs to get first shout (or pick their seats).

At root, it's this: should Wigan (and Cats) fans get a better deal on tickets than Joe Public? I think, obviously, they should. And certainly this year, that hasn't happened.
Season ticket holders could get inidivdual pre-sale codes to unlock the teams sections a few days early before they're online for everyone. Something like that could work. I guess sending those codes might be beyond the club though!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That could work, Mike. Either way, lets hope to see an improvement next season.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:30 pm
moto748 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:49 pm The downside to "everyone has to buy tickets from the RFL" (which, I agree, has a certain simplicity to it) is that it leaves no mechanism for finalists' STHs to get first shout (or pick their seats).

Season ticket holders could get inidivdual pre-sale codes to unlock the teams sections a few days early before they're online for everyone. Something like that could work. I guess sending those codes might be beyond the club though!
And receive a reasonable discount.