Jake Wardle the reluctant hero in Wigan Warriors Super League Grand Final triumph

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Re: Jake Wardle the reluctant hero in Wigan Warriors Super League Grand Final triumph

Post by Brennox7 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:46 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:41 pm Pretty much like an inform Gildart but for me better just stronger.

Brilliant signing for me. It’s been a few years in waiting since 2018 but I think Wigan are the big boys for a while 🙏
You’ll have Meds spitting feathers. 😂

Argh well 😂 It’s great as a Wigan fan to be winners of the GF and look forward to a potentially better season next time around.

I can’t remember as a Wigan side win the title and then strengthen for the following season.

England RU out of the WC. Decision pending?
Brennox7

Re: Jake Wardle the reluctant hero in Wigan Warriors Super League Grand Final triumph

Post by Brennox7 »

May be a bold shout. But when fans look back on 2023…The big games etc. Jake Wardle played big in every one of them. I’ll get slaughtered for this but the big moments win leagues, and he was apart of all them. If a poor centre was in his place we don’t get to were we got. IMO of course 👍
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:39 pm May be a bold shout. But when fans look back on 2023…The big games etc. Jake Wardle played big in every one of them. I’ll get slaughtered for this but the big moments win leagues, and he was apart of all them. If a poor centre was in his place we don’t get to were we got. IMO of course 👍
You’re right, Jake Wardle has been immense for us this season. As has Toby King too. In fact the whole squad have been immense 🥰🥰
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:01 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:39 pm May be a bold shout. But when fans look back on 2023…The big games etc. Jake Wardle played big in every one of them. I’ll get slaughtered for this but the big moments win leagues, and he was apart of all them. If a poor centre was in his place we don’t get to were we got. IMO of course 👍
You’re right, Jake Wardle has been immense for us this season. As has Toby King too. In fact the whole squad have been immense 🥰🥰
Yeah sorry Josie, not taking anything away from the rest of the squad. Dupree was a massive addition for me. KPP stepped up this year, King and Miski outstanding. I just think Wardle had so many clutch moments!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:33 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:01 pm
Yeah sorry Josie, not taking anything away from the rest of the squad. Dupree was a massive addition for me. KPP stepped up this year, King and Miski outstanding. I just think Wardle had so many clutch moments!
No, I know you’re not 😊I’m still in Grand Final game excitement for all the lads. Can’t believe it’s been a week!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Me too 😊 Watching the yawnion last night got me watching highlights on YouTube. Hence my analysis on Jake Wardle. Those last 12 wins were something else!