Seven Betfred Super League clubs awarded Grade A status

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Seven Betfred Super League clubs awarded Grade A status

Post by fozzieskem »

iMG are offering nothing that's not been tried before but ohh paint it a slightly different colour with a bit of frippery thrown here and there it all new and people blindly believe it..

The sort has stagnated and what does iMG come licences for and it could be argued here the very clubs that are stagnating the sport!..ohh shiny,new IMG,shiny...

The TV deal and this is something IMG where brought into oversee and they've come up with a deal that's less than previous for more product,bravo that takes some doing...

The sport is on its arse,it's facing a stark future where super League clubs will simply have to go part time or at least a hybrid model that London may run with this season some full and some part time so something has to be done but nothing this lot have come up with fills me with any confidence at all.

I'd love to be proven wrong by them
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:02 am iMG are offering nothing that's not been tried before but ohh paint it a slightly different colour with a bit of frippery thrown here and there it all new and people blindly believe it..

The sort has stagnated and what does iMG come licences for and it could be argued here the very clubs that are stagnating the sport!..ohh shiny,new IMG,shiny...

The TV deal and this is something IMG where brought into oversee and they've come up with a deal that's less than previous for more product,bravo that takes some doing...

The sport is on its arse,it's facing a stark future where super League clubs will simply have to go part time or at least a hybrid model that London may run with this season some full and some part time so something has to be done but nothing this lot have come up with fills me with any confidence at all.

I'd love to be proven wrong by them
Nobody how’s how the “every game live” thing will work and it’s definitely a positive that we get the opportunity to watch more rugby.

This must be seen as a positive?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Living in the South (don't worry, I'm having treatment) selfishly, being able to see every game live would be great. I could watch every Wigan game live. However, I worry that it will lead to a decrease in numbers of people making the effort to go and watch their team live. Dedicated supporters will always go but it's the not wholly committed fans who every team needs to turn into regular live-match supporters.
IMG sound as if they plan to 'Americanise' the sport, which doesn't look that great, having seen some of those sports at first hand.
Given their ground rules, it looks like the well-off (comparatively) will stay at the top and the smaller teams won't be able to break into the top flight and that takes away one of the key ingredients of our sport.