Saturday games!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
PJC

Re: Saturday games!!

Post by PJC »

Might be wrong about the Salford details……apart from the rain
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

If I'm allowed to veer off on a loosely related topic -
Talking of Sunday games reminded me of the bloke with "sandwich boards" saying "Prepare To Meet Thy Doom" and similar stuff. Was it because we played on the Sabbath, or just a general warning?
Does anybody know more about him?

I wonder if he sneaked into the ground after kick-off?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:35 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:48 am We have 7 SL Saturday games & they are all away from home!

One of those being Magic weekend v Saints!

Only one Saturday game at home for us & that’s the WCC.

Bloody crazy again from the RFL 🤨🤨
Disagree, it's much easier for the majority of fans travelling away on Saturday rather than Friday night.
I certainly don't like driving on dark nights particularly with the bright l.e.d headlights coming in the opposite direction, and think of all of the overnight M62 lane closures.
My point was that we play all but one Saturday game at home? Why do we not have a couple more at home on a Saturday instead of them all being away games.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You said home when you meant way there, Josie, I think, but yes, I agree. Saturday home games are fun, and a good win sets up a good Saturday night! :D
PJC

Post by PJC »

I haven’t got access to the Latics fixtures. However their season ends approximately in May and begins end of August. That would limit the amount of free Saturdays . Latics are probably more committed to Saturdays to comply with other football clubs.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Might the Saturday fixtures be linked to a new Channel 4 contract? I thought their coverage was superb.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Oh to be back at Central Park mid December at 3 pm with the fog slowly clearing 😊
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

PJC wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:55 pm Oh to be back at Central Park mid December at 3 pm with the fog slowly clearing 😊
Oh happy days :) .
PJC

Post by PJC »

In my above comment there is no sarcasm intended. I really wish we were still there.
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

PJC wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:47 pm In my above comment there is no sarcasm intended. I really wish we were still there.
Trust me, there was no sarcasm intended in my reply. My fondest memories of watching Wigan are from the Central Park era. It made winter bearable. I wish we were still there to. :)