Patrick Mago New Deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WWRL

Patrick Mago New Deal

Post by WWRL »

Mago signs a new 2 year deal, with an option for a 3rd

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... o-extends/
medlocke

Re: Patrick Mago New Deal

Post by medlocke »

Good news, he has earned it
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Patrick Mago Extends

* Patrick Mago signs new 2-year contract.

* 29 year-old will remain for the 2025 and 2026 seasons with an option for 2027.

* He made his 71st appearance for Wigan in the win over Huddersfield last weekend.

WIGAN WARRIORS ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT PATRICK MAGO HAS SIGNED A NEW TWO-YEAR DEAL WITH THE CLUB, WITH AN OPTION FOR A THIRD.

The Auckland-born prop forward will remain a Warrior until the end of 2026 with the option in the Club’s favour for 2027.

Mago joined Wigan ahead of the 2022 season and he went on to win silverware in his first year at the Club – lifting the Challenge Cup. In 2023 he also added the League Leaders’ Shield and Grand Final to his list of honours followed by the World Club Challenge title in February 2024.

The former North Queensland, Brisbane and South Sydney player, who recently made his 71st appearance for the Club, has become fans’ favourite at The Brick Community Stadium with his impactful performances from the bench.

On signing, Patrick Mago said: “I’m really happy to be staying at Wigan for at least another two years after this year. I’m really settled here with my family.

”We have an incredible group of players and we’re building something special, and I’m over the moon to be part of that.”

Mago added: “I’m grateful for the support I continue to receive from my mum, my dad, my partner and my whole family. I hope to continue to make everyone proud. I’d also like to thank Kris, Matt, Tommy and Lockers for their support.”

Warriors’ Head Coach Matt Peet said: “We are really happy with the way Patrick has developed himself on and off the field. He has earned this contract by working hard and being dedicated.

“I know his family at home in Australia will be proud of him along with his partner Bella.

“He is a very popular man with his teammates, staff and fans because he is a quality player, has a kind heart and loves the club.”

Chief Executive Kris Radlinski added: “Patrick has become a vital member of our playing squad and a valued member of our club.

“When players from overseas join us, it is important that they understand the role that they have in representing Wigan. Patrick has been incredible in that respect. He has bought into the culture of our great town and on the field, he leaves everything out there.

“He is a popular member of the team and we are thrilled that his journey continues with us.“

Patrick Mago is sponsored by Brockwells Forestry

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... o-extends/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

well deserved

from the middle of last season, he really seems to have knuckled down, gotten into shape and earned his contract extension with some solid performances on the field. He's having impact plus playing longer minutes
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Great news it really is he is always a handful when he comes on good to see him progress as a player here at Wigan
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
BriH

Post by BriH »

Well deserved for hard work.

Contrast this story with Liam Byrne.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Good news. Has great impact off the bench and so gives us something different when he comes on.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

BriH wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 pm Well deserved for hard work.

There wasn’t all this moaning about Byrne last year when he was playing the majority of last season through the pain barrier on his own through suspensions & injuries to other players!

Short memories spring to mind 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:05 pm
BriH wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 pm Well deserved for hard work.

There wasn’t all this moaning about Byrne last year when he was playing the majority of last season through the pain barrier on his own through suspensions & injuries to other players!

Short memories spring to mind 🤨
Most people didn't know he was playing injured but once that cleared up he looked much better. Until recently that is. His current form is very poor. Seems error prone and has been banned twice leaving us down to 12 men.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Byrne form is poor he needs a spell out of the firing line,Wigan aren’t short of a prop or two give the lad a rest and time to try and recover his form because at the moment he’s not doing anyone any favours.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem