Leeming: Appreciate the support

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Leeming: Appreciate the support

Post by josie andrews »

* Kruise Leeming praised the travelling support following Wigan Warriors’ dominant win over Huddersfield Giants.

* Leeming: “They’re spending their hard-earned money on tickets and travel so to win in the manner is why we come out to play – we massively appreciate the support.”

* Watch full post-match reaction with Matt Peet and Kruise Leeming on Wigan TV HERE.

KRUISE LEEMING PRAISED THE TRAVELLING SUPPORT FOLLOWING WIGAN WARRIORS’ DOMINANT WIN OVER HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS.

The Warriors returned to the top of the Betfred Super League table after scoring eight tries in a 48-6 victory over the Giants at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Reflecting on the result, Leeming said: “Even though the score line blew out it was a tough game. Huddersfield put us under a lot of pressure in the first half but I thought we dealt with that and the conditions very well.”

Leeming crossed for his fifth Warriors try in West Yorkshire, and praising Bevan French for his involvement in the score, he said: “Bev was outstanding. Sometimes you don’t know what he’s going to do on the ball which is what makes him so dangerous to defend. I just tried staying around him as much as I could so that when he flicked it to me all I had to do was flop over.”

The Warriors were backed to victory by a strong and vocal travelling support. On the fans, Leeming added: “They were so loud which is brilliant for us as players. Obviously we play to win and to get the personal and team accolades for the Club and the town, but for the supporters to come out and enjoy the win in that fashion is why we do it.”

Leeming continued: “They’re spending their hard-earned money on tickets and travel so to win in the manner is why we come out to play. We massively appreciate the support.”

On returning to the top of the Betfred Super League table, Leeming added: “It’s something that we’ve got an eye on but we try not to let it affect the way we are playing. There’s going to be changes in the order throughout the season so it’s important that we focus on what we are doing first as well as sticking to playing the way that will win us games.”

Looking ahead to next Saturday’s Betfred Challenge Cup semi-final tie against Hull KR, Leeming said: “It’s going to be a tough game as we know Hull KR are going to come firing and ready to go. These are the games you want to play in and it would mean a lot to us all as a team to reach the final at Wembley – we want to create more memories for the supporters.”

Tickets for our Men’s Betfred Challenge Cup semi-final ties remain on general sale and available to purchase from The Brick Community Stadium, over the phone on 01942 311 111 or online HERE. Tickets are also available for our Women’s Betfred Challenge Cup semi-final against Leeds Rhinos.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... e-support/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Leeming: Appreciate the support

Post by josie andrews »

According to some fans of other teams we were labelled "a pathetic turn out from Wigan when it’s only 60 minutes away’’!

The cheeky barstewards 🤨
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Hi Josie,

Do you know how many wigan fans turned out for the Huddersfield game?

I am hoping to start attending away games from next season,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Raging Penguin wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 6:19 pm Hi Josie,

Do you know how many wigan fans turned out for the Huddersfield game?

I am hoping to start attending away games from next season,
I don’t know the exact number sorry. Maybe a 1000 +

I, with my friends, attended both games😊
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I couldn't believe the crowd was only 5300 odd! Surely a third of them must have been Wiganers?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

There was more like 4000 from wigan coz the fartown turnout was ridiculously poor
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:23 am There was more like 4000 from wigan coz the fartown turnout was ridiculously poor
😂😂