Wigan squad for Hull KR (Semi-Final)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Hull KR (Semi-Final)

Post by josie andrews »

21-player squad announced for Saturday’s Betfred Challenge Cup semi-final against Hull KR, in association with Matrix Fitness.
Matt Peet has made one change to his squad ahead of the tie in West Yorkshire.
Hull KR v Wigan Warriors, Saturday 18 May, 1:45pm K.O.
MATT PEET HAS SELECTED HIS 21-PLAYER SQUAD FOR SATURDAY’S BETFRED CHALLENGE CUP SEMI-FINAL TIE AGAINST HULL KR.

The Warriors head coach has made one change to his squad from the win over Huddersfield Giants last time out as Liam Byrne is replaced by Ryan Hampshire.

Wigan squad for Hull KR:

1 Jai Field
2 Abbas Miski
3 Adam Keighran
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Bevan French
7 Harry Smith
8 Ethan Havard
9 Brad O’Niell
12 Liam Farrell
13 Kaide Ellis
14 Mike Cooper
15 Patrick Mago
16 Luke Thompson
17 Kruise Leeming
19 Tyler Dupree
20 Harvie Hill
21 Junior Nsemba
22 Sam Walters
23 Ryan Hampshire
26 Zach Eckersley

Tickets for the semi-final clash at Doncaster’s Eco-Power Stadium remain on general sale from The Brick Community Stadium Ticket Office, over the phone on 01942 311 111, or online HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... emi-final/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR (Semi-Final)

Post by the pieman »

1- 7 picks itself

Havard
O'Neill
Thompson
Faz
Junior
Ellis

Dupree
Hill
Mago
Leeming

semi final isnt the game to put Walters in (unless he's had lots of time training with the 1st team) and i think i'd personally go Hill over Cooper on basis he's faster / more mobile and hasnt taken a backwards step when he's played
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

the pieman wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:18 pm 1- 7 picks itself

Havard
O'Neill
Thompson
Faz
Junior
Ellis

Dupree
Hill
Mago
Leeming

semi final isnt the game to put Walters in (unless he's had lots of time training with the 1st team) and i think i'd personally go Hill over Cooper on basis he's faster / more mobile and hasnt taken a backwards step when he's played
I think matty will pick this team with cooper instead of hill
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:41 pm

Havard
O'Neill
Thompson
Faz
Junior
Ellis

Dupree
Hill
Mago
Leeming

he probably will

the one thing that i could criticise Matty on so far is that he has at times not felt comfortable putting a sub on during a game ie Nsemba and Hill have both had it happen. I know sometimes circumstance may dictate but if he doesnt think they are ready, why in the 17, so in this case Cooper more likely to get game time than Hill if he was on the bench
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull KR make two enforced changes to Challenge Cup semi-final squad

The Robins have named their 21-man squad for the clash with Wigan Warriors.

Hull KR boss Willie Peters has drafted in two players to his squad for the Challenge Cup semi-final against Wigan Warriors. The Robins head to Doncaster this Saturday, looking to secure back-to-back Wembley appearances at the expense of the current Super League and World Club champions.

Both changes are enforced, with Jack Brown and Jack Broadbent both cup-tied are therefore ineligible for the fixture. They have been replaced by impressive youngster Louix Gorman and hooker Reiss Butterworth, who will leave the club at the end of the season.

Otherwise, the Robins are unchanged. Tom Opacic, primed to replace Broadbent at centre with Oliver Gildart out injured, is in the squad, as are Elliot Minchella and Sam Luckley, who both missed last week's defeat to Warrington with slight injuries. Peters indicated that both will be cleared to feature in the semi-final when speaking on Tuesday. Leo Tennison also retains his place in the extended squad.

With Minchella and Luckley both set to return, it leaves Willie Peters with a decision to make in his pack. George King was recalled to the side last week, but had been 18th man for the victories over Wigan Warriors and St Helens. Brown's unavailability opens up one pack spot.

A player who doesn't feature in the 21-man squad is Danny Richardson, who has joined the club on loan from Castleford Tigers. Like Brown and Broadbent, he is cup-tied, having played for the Tigers in their cup defeat to the Warriors.

Hull KR's Challenge Cup 21-man squad: Peta Hiku, Niall Evalds, Tom Opacic, Ryan Hall, Mikey Lewis, Sauaso Sue, Jez Litten, George King, Dean Hadley, James Batchelor, Elliot Minchella, Matt Parcell, Sam Luckley, Jai Whitbread, Matty Storton, Kelepi Tanginoa, Reiss Butterworth, Tyrone May, Louix Gorman, Leo Tennison, Joe Burgess.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ed-9287880
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Havard
O'Neill
Thompson
Faz
Junior
Ellis

Dupree
Hill
Mago
Leeming

I agree.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I hadn't thought about Broadbent being cup-tied. He's been good for them from what I've seen.

You can look at us missing Byrne and Isa, but our squad strength goes much deeper than theirs, which should help us in what should be a tight game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Walters debit, but this is not the right time for it.
Last edited by morley pie eater on Fri May 17, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

the pieman wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:45 pm

Havard
O'Neill
Thompson
Faz
Junior
Ellis

Dupree
Hill
Mago
Leeming

he probably will

the one thing that i could criticise Matty on so far is that he has at times not felt comfortable putting a sub on during a game ie Nsemba and Hill have both had it happen. I know sometimes circumstance may dictate but if he doesnt think they are ready, why in the 17, so in this case Cooper more likely to get game time than Hill if he was on the bench
I’ve said before other big games when there has been debate about Hill, Nsemba and Forber being on the bench or a more experienced option, Peet needs to ask himself if he’ll be comfortable putting them on in any given situation. If the answer is no, he should put Cooper on there. You can’t pick anybody who you’ll only feel comfortable calling on when the game is comfortable because that’s unlikely to be the case.

FWIW I would go with Cooper. I was edging towards Hill earlier in the week but Cooper doesn’t just bring experience, he’ll also bring a real desperation to make Wembley in what might be his last chance.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:40 pm I hadn't thought about Broadbent being cup-tied. He's been good for them from what I've seen.

You can look at us missing Byrne and Isaac, but our squad strength goes much deeper than theirs, which should help us in what should be a tight game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Walters debit, but this is not the right time for it.
Who is Issac?
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:57 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:40 pm I hadn't thought about Broadbent being cup-tied. He's been good for them from what I've seen.

You can look at us missing Byrne and Isaac, but our squad strength goes much deeper than theirs, which should help us in what should be a tight game.

Who is Issac?
Isa typo