Wigan squad for Salford (R12)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Salford (R12)

Post by josie andrews »

* 21-player squad announced for Sunday’s Betfred Super League visit to Salford Red Devils, in association with Matrix Fitness.

* Matt Peet has made two changes to his squad ahead of the clash at the Salford Stadium.

* Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors, Sunday 26 May, 3pm K.O.

MATT PEET HAS SELECTED HIS 21-PLAYER SQUAD FOR SUNDAY’S BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE CLASH AGAINST SALFORD RED DEVILS.

The Warriors head coach has made two changes to his squad ahead of the visit to the Salford Stadium as Sam Eseh Jr and Tom Forber replace Kaide Ellis and Sam Walters who miss out through suspension.

Wigan squad for Salford:

1 Jai Field
2 Abbas Miski
3 Adam Keighran
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Bevan French
7 Harry Smith
8 Ethan Havard
9 Brad O’Neill
12 Liam Farrell
14 Mike Cooper
15 Patrick Mago
16 Luke Thompson
17 Kruise Leeming
19 Tyler Dupree
20 Harvie Hill
21 Junior Nsemba
23 Ryan Hampshire
25 Sma Eseh JR
26 Zach Eckersley
27 Tom Forber

Please note that tickets for the clash against the Red Devils are now off sale from The Brick Community Stadium Ticket Office and online. Supporters will be able to buy tickets from the Salford Stadium on Sunday prior to kick off.

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL TICKETS

Tickets for the Betfred Challenge Cup Final at Wembley Stadium are now available to purchase on general sale from The Brick Community Stadium Ticket Office and online HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... lford-r12/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Wigan squad for Salford (R12)

Post by Firestarter »

Wonder if we will play forber and try oneill at loose?Probably start with mago there but he wont last for 80.Be an interesting selection
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Match Preview: Salford

IN ASSOCIATION WITH DAVANTI TYRES, HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW AHEAD OF SUNDAY’S BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE ROUND 12 CLASH AGAINST SALFORD RED DEVILS.

The Warriors return to Betfred Super League action this bank holiday weekend with a second visit of the season to the Salford Stadium to take on Salford Red Devils.

Squad News

Matt Peet has made two changes to the 21-player squad he named for Wigan’s Betfred Challenge Cup semi-final win over Hull KR last time out as Sam Eseh Jr and Tom Forber replace Kaide Ellis and Sam Walters.

Wigan squad:

1 Jai Field
2 Abbas Miski
3 Adam Keighran
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Bevan French
7 Harry Smith
8 Ethan Havard
9 Brad O’Neill
12 Liam Farrell
14 Mike Cooper
15 Patrick Mago
16 Luke Thompson
17 Kruise Leeming
19 Tyler Dupree
20 Harvie Hill
21 Junior Nsemba
23 Ryan Hampshire
25 Sma Eseh JR
26 Zach Eckersley
27 Tom Forber

Previous Meetings

The Warriors have won their last nine Super League clashes against the Red Devils which includes a 22-12 victory at the Salford Community Stadium earlier this season.

Last 10 meetings:

Salford 12, Wigan 22 (SLR3, 14/3/24)
Wigan 26, Salford 8 (SLR24, 1/9/23)
Salford 6, Wigan 26 (SLR16, 25/6/23)
Wigan 20, Salford 16 (SLR6, 24/3/23)
Salford 12, Wigan 30 (SLR15, 10/6/22)
Wigan 30, Salford 24 (SLR10, 24/4/22)
Wigan 20, Salford 0 (CCR6, 25/3/22)
Wigan 16, Salford 6 (SLR18, 6/8/21)
Salford 16, Wigan 17 (SLR7, 22/5/21)
Wigan 58, Salford 12 (SLR17, 23/10/20) (at Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens)
Super League Summary:

Salford wins: 8
Wigan wins: 51

Coaches Quotes

Matt Peet spoke to the press earlier this week ahead of the Warriors’ trip to the Salford Stadium.

He said: “The challenge now is to put that [the Betfred Challenge Cup Final] to the back of our minds whilst we focus on Salford although it’s great to have that excitement in the background.

On Sunday’s clash, Peet said: “I know we’ll be tested. It’s easy to see where their threats come because they’re an outstanding attacking team – we’re going to have to be at our best defensively to contain them.”

Read Peet’s quotes in full HERE.

Tickets

Match tickets will be available to purchase ahead of kick off from the Salford Community Stadium, but will be subject to a £1.50 price increase.

Please note anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.

Car Parking

Parking at the Salford Stadium is available to book HERE – this also includes disabled parking. Supporters will be required to enter their registration number at the time of booking, and pre-booking is advised with limited availability remaining.

Kit Check

The Warriors will once again play in their charity third shirt at the Salford Stadium – more information on the kit is available HERE.

Not got yours? All our 2024 Kappa match and training wear is available to purchase in-store and online HERE.

Match Officials

The referee in charge of the clash will be Tom Grant, whilst Aaron Moore has been selected as the video referee.

How to Follow

Watch Live

Supporters can watch the match live on Super League + with individual game passes available to purchase now for £6.99 HERE. Game passes will increase to £9.99 on gameday, with monthly and annual passes also available.

The clash will also be shown live on Sky Sports Mix from 2:55pm.

Listen Live

Listen to free audio commentary of Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors from 2:50pm via our Mixlr page HERE. Alternatively, you can simply use the pop out player below:

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... lford-a-3/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Very solid first half from the Warriors. Jeez, Salford are poor defensively.
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Salford playing Last Resort by Papa Roach as they come out from half time is hilariously bad taste 🤦
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Terrible start to the 2nd half. On another note, is this ref going to penalise us for everything!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Scrappy, slow the play down tactics from Salford. Can't blame them really but it makes watching the game difficult
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Job done.We arnt a wet weather team and bevan definately struggles positionally at stand off in wet weather and then he goes and does what bevan does.Brad oneill my mom as leeming was pretty poor.Every team now rushing plays 1 and 2 versus us since the KR defeat.I lost count how many times they had 1 or 2 offside at t ptb.Oh well onto next week.Lets both play reserve players then theres no silly bans for wembley
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Game of two half's, left edge caught out a few times but overall got the job done.

I do find it interesting that we we don't blow teams away when we should do. We earned the right to blow.them away on the first half but didn't which must have.given Salford the confidence to come out with extra energy.

I understand doing enough to win the game but.the top of the league is going to require points.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:59 pm Job done.We arnt a wet weather team and bevan definately struggles positionally at stand off in wet weather and then he goes and does what bevan does.Brad oneill my mom as leeming was pretty poor.Every team now rushing plays 1 and 2 versus us since the KR defeat.I lost count how many times they had 1 or 2 offside at t ptb.Oh well onto next week.Lets both play reserve players then theres no silly bans for wembley
Yep two points in the bank. It was a game we never looked like losing. I think we can expect Ellis, Walters, Byrne, Cooper, Hill and Mago to play next week at the HJ Stadium. Barring injury, or suspension, I expect Ellis and Walters to make our 17 at Wembley but I think the other four will be fighting it out for the last spot on the bench. Mago should have been a certainty but I think his performances in the last two games have put his selection in doubt. Add Eseh, Makin, Leeming and Forber into the mix and we should have a decent pack on show.