Wigan squad for Salford (R12)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan squad for Salford (R12)

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:40 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:59 pm Job done.We arnt a wet weather team and bevan definately struggles positionally at stand off in wet weather and then he goes and does what bevan does.Brad oneill my mom as leeming was pretty poor.Every team now rushing plays 1 and 2 versus us since the KR defeat.I lost count how many times they had 1 or 2 offside at t ptb.Oh well onto next week.Lets both play reserve players then theres no silly bans for wembley
Yep two points in the bank. It was a game we never looked like losing. I think we can expect Ellis, Walters, Byrne, Cooper, Hill and Mago to play next week at the HJ Stadium. Barring injury, or suspension, I expect Ellis and Walters to make our 17 at Wembley but I think the other four will be fighting it out for the last spot on the bench. Mago should have been a certainty but I think his performances in the last two games have put his selection in doubt. Add Eseh, Makin, Leeming and Forber into the mix and we should have a decent pack on show.
I agree100% on mago .He never has run onto the ball but his pre contact yards are poor atm.Hopefully its just a blip but we have plenty forwards ready to come in.Keighran is definitely the most improved player for me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

That was meant to say post contact
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Hope there is no silliness from the Nsemba/Sneyd incident but Salford where crying a river at the time :roll:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:24 pm Hope there is no silliness from the Nsemba/Sneyd incident but Salford where crying a river at the time :roll:
Just rewatched the game and it is clear that Sneyd was trying to stop a quick play the ball by placing his foot in the vicinity of the ptb leaving Junior no choice other than to make contact with Sneyd’s foot. The rest was play acting by Sneyd, poor form by him.
Owd Mon

Post by Owd Mon »

Did anyone see anything is todays game which might attract the interest of the MRP? The only thing I can think of is the Nsemba incident when Sneyd seemed to claim he had been stood on. But even Tom Grant thought he was making a meal of it with the green card but then again we are talking about the MRP here so who knows. Salford always seemed to have someone lying on the floor behind the play the ball and making no attempt to clear away.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Owd Mon wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:54 pm Did anyone see anything is todays game which might attract the interest of the MRP? The only thing I can think of is the Nsemba incident when Sneyd seemed to claim he had been stood on. But even Tom Grant thought he was making a meal of it with the green card but then again we are talking about the MRP here so who knows. Salford always seemed to have someone lying on the floor behind the play the ball and making no attempt to clear away.
There was a slight high shot by dupree but it was nothing bad
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Glad to get that match out of the way. Proved O'Neill's worth when we needed to stiffen our defence and aren't Marshall and Wardle just gold dust?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah they are. Wardle is just all class; seldom gets it wrong in defence, and sharp of thinking in attack. And one of Marshy's best performances, despite not scoring.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Sneyd stuck his leg into the play the ball area and as junior stood up he had no option but to stand on sneyds ankle that was just sneyd trying to get junior in trouble after bouncing him off i hope the biased panel see it that way as well
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Was imbarast when Junior ran over the top of him that's why we got the theratics from Sneyd