Jai Field

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Jai Field

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:29 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:53 pm
Soul Kitchen wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:36 pm

Pulled back inbthe clear today when ref should have played advantage.
Yep i nearly blew at fuse at the no advantage rule.For me hes not being put in as many gaps due to our spine change.Very similar to faz in that respect
We are playing a different brand of rugby this season. Look at our completion rate today in the first half, we are playing close to the ruck so obviously there will be reduced opportunities for the outside backs. Does anyone remember Jai’s performance against Penrith? I am glad he is in our team and not the oppositions.
Our completion rate in the first half was 100% before the rain came in the second half!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Jai hasn't looked right for a while. His best bit today, was that brilliant take of a grubber when half of Salford wanted to kick him in the head. Good defensive stint today and excellent under the high ball but his attacking runs just aren't working and haven't been for a while.
I suspect when we really need him, he'll come up with the goods but at the moment our tries are coming from elsewhere.
As for Dufty? Great attacking runs (sideways, mostly) but defensively............. I don't think so.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:36 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:29 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:53 pm
Yep i nearly blew at fuse at the no advantage rule.For me hes not being put in as many gaps due to our spine change.Very similar to faz in that respect
We are playing a different brand of rugby this season. Look at our completion rate today in the first half, we are playing close to the ruck so obviously there will be reduced opportunities for the outside backs. Does anyone remember Jai’s performance against Penrith? I am glad he is in our team and not the oppositions.
Our completion rate in the first half was 100% before the rain came in the second half!
Exactly.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

No panic. He's doing fine. He was fine today, and we know he can be better.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Bob the Builder wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:26 pm
Beryl O'Neill wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:10 pm I've been thinking that all season I totally agree with you.Doesnt seem to have the speed or inclination to go round the opposition it looks as though he's holding back confidence maybe or is he carrying an injury Bev and him loved to watch them play in there original positions.Hes a brilliant tactical player but sometimes looks a bit lost..🌹
Totally agree Beryl. Great to see a new name on here talking sense, cos the usual names will soon start to shoot me down 🤣
I would agree with the idea that he is not 100% fit. I put it back to the game at London when he was sprinting full out towards the end of the game but when he got to 20yds away from the line he slowed appreciably and looked round for someone (Keighran?) to pass to allied to the fact that he missed the next match I think.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:00 am
I would agree with the idea that he is not 100% fit. I put it back to the game at London when he was sprinting full out towards the end of the game but when he got to 20yds away from the line he slowed appreciably and looked round for someone (Keighran?) to pass to allied to the fact that he missed the next match I think.

I was at that London game Ian and was sitting right in front of him when he passed. The reason he slowed and gave it is that he was totally clear with the line approaching and no defender in front of him but had Keighran outside him who at that point had yet to score a try for Wigan, so in the last minute of a game where we had run up 60 points he put him in for a first four pointer. The two were laughing about it straight after.

He then played a full 80 minutes against Salford five days later. He was rested against Sheffield in the cup match seven days after that
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I too was at that London game & Jai hurt his foot. Don’t know if it’s fully healed or not.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

So far according to this thread he's nursing a hamstring, a calf and a foot. No wonder he's not firing on all cylinders!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Was definitely an interview with Matty where he mentions Jai not at full pace due to tightening in his quad after training and games and sure I have read one re a slight issue with his calf. Last season they talked about how they need to look after his Hamstring after his injuries. So it may be just a time thing.
With Jai relying on that pace it's obviously going to effect his game when carrying a knock. Some of it may be down to him fully trusting it's Ok.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

lucky 13 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:44 pm Was definitely an interview with Matty where he mentions Jai not at full pace due to tightening in his quad after training and games and sure I have read one re a slight issue with his calf. Last season they talked about how they need to look after his Hamstring after his injuries. So it may be just a time thing.
With Jai relying on that pace it's obviously going to effect his game when carrying a knock. Some of it may be down to him fully trusting it's Ok.
He looked ok on Sunday, when everyone was struggling to keep up with Keighran he arrived on the scene without breaking sweat. Give him the opportunity and he will deliver.