GET BROWN OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: GET BROWN OUT

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:

Everytime Kevin Brown has played Stand Off for Wigan this season:

Wigan Have Won!
Which means nothing. I dare say Calderwood was on the wing for both those games as well and several other players were playing in the same position, so what?

If he had played in both at stand off and been the obvious man of the match both times then you might have something.

Brown isn't a stand off in a million years as he has no kicking game.

But whatever, he looks set for run in the stand off slot due to Orr's injury so lets see if he lives up to Millwards hype.

I hope he does and Wigan get better because of it but somehow I think he is little more than adequate as a stand off.

Maybe it's a confidence thing but then when Brown is confident he seems to try impossible passes and so on, so I am far from convinced.

Dave
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

when kev started out playing for thatto heath he was a stand off, he has always ben a stand off, but coaches keep moving him around
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

luke_robinsons_ angel posted:
when kev started out playing for thatto heath he was a stand off, he has always ben a stand off, but coaches keep moving him around
The fact he hasn't been able to shift and average stand off in Orr on merit by now ought to tell you something.

He might well have been called a stand off since birth for all I know but he hasn't shown that he is one in SL.

He now has a chance to prove if he is up to the job.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

Wigan Have Won!

Brown ...has no kicking game.
And there the similarity to Brett Kenny ends!! :roll:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:
adrenalinxx posted:

Wigan Have Won!

Brown ...has no kicking game.
And there the similarity to Brett Kenny ends!! :roll:
The fact Brown posesses the (one) weakness of a great player is no recomendation.

Dave
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Another classic quote from A to B.

I see you haven't gone to another Wigan match, just like the last post where you said you'de heard richards had scored.

Do you go to matches or just listen on the radio.

Brown is young and will get better in an experienced team. As will others like Moran.

I suggest you stop moaning and try following this team...i can give you directions if you like.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

First Try Tickle posted:

I see you haven't gone to another Wigan match, just like the last post where you said you'de heard richards had scored.

Brown is young and will get better in an experienced team. As will others like Moran.

I suggest you stop moaning and try following this team...i can give you directions if you like.
And just how long have you been watching the Warriors. I've only had a season ticket for around 10 years or so.
Started watching Wigan (Live) in the days of Andy Gregory.
Been to Wembley finals 5 times along with Cardiff, and Murrayfield (when the club sent around 5000 tickets back because no one thought we would win).
I didn't go to Wakefield on principal, as having made a 600 mile round trip to watch that dire performance at Cas.
I don't need lecturing on how to support Wigan Warriors, but do fail to see what IM sees in KB.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Onebigfeka

Post by Onebigfeka »

A to B what principal would that b
24hrs in a day
24 cans in a case
coincidence?
i think not
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

FROM A TO B posted:
First Try Tickle posted:

And just how long have you been watching the Warriors. I've only had a season ticket for around 10 years or so.
Started watching Wigan (Live) in the days of Andy Gregory.
Been to Wembley finals 5 times along with Cardiff, and Murrayfield (when the club sent around 5000 tickets back because no one thought we would win).
I didn't go to Wakefield on principal, as having made a 600 mile round trip to watch that dire performance at Cas.
I don't need lecturing on how to support Wigan Warriors, but do fail to see what IM sees in KB.
I think what FTT might be saying is that if you had been there you might have seen a different match? It sometimes happens, my dad sometimes sees a completely different game to me or my mum and it's all dependent on what the cameras show. I was watching Brown yesterday and he was there in every action and didn't mess up as much as usual, that's not an amazing performance but it like Vaealiki is better than usual and that's good enough for me at the moment.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Onebigfeka posted:
A to B what principal would that b
Sorry, spill chucker not working, try principle!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered