WIGAN RLFC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AJ

WIGAN RLFC

Post by AJ »

dont think its just the fans that are to blame for the obvious drop in crowds this season

MARKET THE F***ING CLUB, POSTERS, WISH FM, ROCK FM, LOCAL PRESS,

OFFFERS, 2 adults paying, 2 kids go free, give 100 free tickets to every school in wigan, ashton, orrell etc that will fill the front rows of every stand, that look so unsightly on TV

people over 60 £5 a game, regardless of what stand they sit in

PRE MATCH ENTERTAINMENT, dancers, singers, actually let the mascot do something, games for the kids !!!

MERCHANDISE - actually put some somewhere, wen patrick take over lets have, tshirts, polo shirts, jumpers, tracksuits, hats, scarves, flags, badges, cups, bed clothes, EVERYTHING and lets have it on sale takin prode of place in the robin park and superstore in wigan

basically SORT IT !!!!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Mike
Site Admin

disapointing crowd

Post by Mike »

The crowd against Cas was very disapointing. I mean, this is the playoffs, a marketing mans dream surely. I was excited anyway, especially after weeks af virtually meaningless matches (lets face it chances of 1st or 2nd were extremely thin the whole time except for one week).

The crowd was less than for the Leeds match, which people may expect. BUT, Cas brought MORE away fans as far as I could see, so the fault is the Wiganers who can't be bothered to come if they think we're going to win, and can't be bothered to come if they think we're going to lose.

This is the playoffs, what the team have been working for all season. Why can't we get decent crowds?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SteVader

Embarrassed

Post by SteVader »

I too was very dissapointed with the turn out - more than anything I was embarrassed to have two visiting rugby union fans sitting next to me in season ticket holders seats who hadn't bothered to buy tickets.

These guys despite favouring yawnion really knew their rugby league and enjoyed the game to an extent, but made several comments about the crowd/atmosphere and poor marketing of the club.

Come on wigan sort it out!
DavidHodgsonISfit

Wigan RFLC

Post by DavidHodgsonISfit »

I THINK THIS IS NOT JUST A PROBLEM FOR WIGAN BUT FOR RUGBY LEAGUE IN GENERAL IN THIS COUNTRY COMPARED TO SOME TEAMS OUR CROWDS ARE HALF DECENT
DavidHodgsonISfit

Wigan RFLC

Post by DavidHodgsonISfit »

I THINK THIS IS NOT JUST A PROBLEM FOR WIGAN BUT FOR RUGBY LEAGUE IN GENERAL IN THIS COUNTRY COMPARED TO SOME TEAMS OUR CROWDS ARE HALF DECENT
Brian

Merchandise

Post by Brian »

I'm with you on that AJ,I looked all over Wigan for a Polo Shirt or similar finally getting a Sweat Shirt from the Lotto Shop (who closed early on Saturday to go to see Wigan give Cas' a good seeing to).
From The Glasgow Branch.
Mike
Site Admin

club shop

Post by Mike »

THe club shop in the massive JJB is pathetic. Football clubs manage to fill a shop size of the whole of that JJB with footy merchandise. I wanted to buy something for the playoffs, but there is only 1 little stand with any thing Wigan Warriors related, and nothing at all from the playoffs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐