Lets sack Milward, Lyndsey, Whelan and all the Players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Lets sack Milward, Lyndsey, Whelan and all the Players

Post by First Try Tickle »

That's all we seem to get on this site at the moment.

About 10 people told me over the weekend that they don't use this site anymore as it all sack him sack them.

Lyndsey took wigan to the highest highs and if possible would do so again.
Millward turned Saints from a mid table side to the most entertaining in the League.

Whelan keeps throwing Money at us, a new stadium and still watches the game live each week. He saved us from the Robinson era...or is that to long ago for some.

So lay off em and just put up with whats happening...weve loads of injuries and a team in rebuild.

We cannot always be the best like the 80's.

Things will get better..but not because we scraped the lot and started a fresh.
robjoenz

Re: Lets sack Milward, Lyndsey...

Post by robjoenz »

First Try Tickle posted:

About 10 people told me over the weekend that they don't use this site anymore as it all sack him sack them.
They can wrap themselves in cotton wool and pretend that all our problems will drift away, however, unfortunately they won't. Whilst we are playing like we are the above topics will always be discussed, along with 'which players shall we get rid of.' It's obvious some changes are needed as we can't go on like this so changes are what are discussed.
GeoffN

Re: Lets sack Milward, Lyn...

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
First Try Tickle posted:

They can wrap themselves in cotton wool and pretend that all our problems will drift away, however, unfortunately they won't. Whilst we are playing like we are the above topics will always be discussed, along with 'which players shall we get rid of.' It's obvious some changes are needed as we can't go on like this so changes are what are discussed.
True, Rob, but the vast majority are either saying sack <whoever> without giving reasonable alternatives, or just saying "we are doomed" without proposing anything constructive.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

its a bit like listening to two political parties argue! i agree with you both! yes on paper wigan have a fine squad a proven manager mr whealan is doing his bit and so is maurice. so why are we bottom of the table? is it injuries? i dont think so as even we had a full squad we where awfull. it cant be the manager he is bullet proof because he did well at leigh and stains. but ultimately millward will become the scapegoat it goes with the job.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

the grinch posted:
its a bit like listening to two political parties argue! i agree with you both! yes on paper wigan have a fine squad a proven manager mr whealan is doing his bit and so is maurice. so why are we bottom of the table? is it injuries? i dont think so as even we had a full squad we where awfull. it cant be the manager he is bullet proof because he did well at leigh and stains. but ultimately millward will become the scapegoat it goes with the job.
The injuries have to be a factor, if only because they remove the option of dropping underperforming players.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Just out of interest, at this current time what else should Wigan RL fans be discussing? Our chances of winning silverware this season - which are surely nil. Our chances of making big signings for next season? - which would be like passengers on the Titanic discussing what parties they'll go to in New York. How about how many players we'll be providing for the Tri-Nations? - that would be particularly interesting, because I can't think of a single one.

Sorry, but one thing I resent even more than the current state of my beloved club, is someone telling me that I shouldn't be talking about it.

Yes, there's been another unaccountable run of injuries, yes there've been typical injustices by the RL judiciary, yes our efforts to recover have been massively hampered by a bizarre overload of away fixtures in this early part of the season, but I've been watching RL for 40+ years, and no-one is going to tell me that Wigan's current performances are not utter crap.

What's more, as a fan, I reserve the right to discuss this with fellow fans and to try and understand why. Let's face it, it's a good job that some of us are prepared to do this, because nobody else involved with the club appears to be.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

There's a difference between sensible discussion, which we're all in favour of, and "wnac" style "doomed, sack everyone" postings, which don't offer anything constructive.

It's all very well saying drop Vaialiki, or sack Millward, or whatever, when no realistic replacements are proposed.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Cruncher posted:
Just out of interest, at this current time what else should Wigan RL fans be discussing? Our chances of winning silverware this season - which are surely nil. Our chances of making big signings for next season? - which would be like passengers on the Titanic discussing what parties they'll go to in New York. How about how many players we'll be providing for the Tri-Nations? - that would be particularly interesting, because I can't think of a single one.

Sorry, but one thing I resent even more than the current state of my beloved club, is someone telling me that I shouldn't be talking about it.

Yes, there's been another unaccountable run of injuries, yes there've been typical injustices by the RL judiciary, yes our efforts to recover have been massively hampered by a bizarre overload of away fixtures in this early part of the season, but I've been watching RL for 40+ years, and no-one is going to tell me that Wigan's current performances are not utter crap.

What's more, as a fan, I reserve the right to discuss this with fellow fans and to try and understand why. Let's face it, it's a good job that some of us are prepared to do this, because nobody else involved with the club appears to be.

Well I've got to say this seems like one hell of a sensible post to me. Totally agree with it in all respects. What are we supposed to do? Sit on our hands and smile?
primrose-n-blue

Re: Lets sack Milward, Lyndsey...

Post by primrose-n-blue »

First Try Tickle posted:

Millward turned Saints from a mid table side to the most entertaining in the League.
Absolute Rubbish...
Saints had already won SL prior to Millwards appointment and 2yrs before that, plus 2 CC wins and 2 premiership wins in 96 and 97.
First Try Tickle posted:Whelan keeps throwing Money at us,
What money?
First Try Tickle posted: a new stadium
to which your tennets
First Try Tickle posted:He saved us from the Robinson era...
Your most successful era!!
First Try Tickle posted:just put up with whats happening
Huh? wtf...okay then, brush it all under the carpet.
First Try Tickle posted:
You wasn't...Widnes was!
First Try Tickle posted:Things will get better
...lets us pray :eusa10:
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

primrose-n-blue posted:
First Try Tickle posted:

Absolute Rubbish...
Saints had already won SL prior to Millwards appointment and 2yrs before that, plus 2 CC wins and 2 premiership wins in 96 and 97.
First Try Tickle posted:Whelan keeps throwing Money at us,
What money?
First Try Tickle posted: a new stadium
to which your tennets
First Try Tickle posted:He saved us from the Robinson era...
Your most successful era!!
First Try Tickle posted:just put up with whats happening
Huh? wtf...okay then, brush it all under the carpet.
First Try Tickle posted:
You wasn't...Widnes was!
First Try Tickle posted:Things will get better
...lets us pray :eusa10:

You really are an a--e P&b, Amen