Linday MUST go NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Linday MUST go NOW!!!!...

Post by MrsLam »

Wigan Watcher posted:
MrsLam posted:
Oh give over.

Are you now saying the players arent playing for Mo, just like they weren't playing for Millward? Millward was given full control, Mo let him take over Wigan and it didn't work. millward has only been gone two games give it a chance for the club to settle. Sick to death of hearing all this crap about Mo.
No one said the players are not playing for Lindsay!
I agree Millward did not work but full control was not given.
Give things time to settle, we need a complete change we are in deep trouble and that is a fact.
You say you are sick to death of hearing what you call crap. This is your opinion many more would disagree with you, everyone has their own opinion.

I can only see a protest the only way forward.
Yep and I've been hearing this same opinion for the last 3 years from different people on here, on the way to work, at work. So, when he goes and Wigan are stll bottom and we've no coach are we then going to call for Whelans head? Sacking people is such a favourite at Wigan no matter what they've done for the club in the past. West is a good example.

I don't see getting rid of Mo as an option, he's been a loyal servant to this club he's done what the fans asked him to. Wheres this info come from about him not giving Millward full control? Millward brought in who he wanted getting rid of the likes of Newton in the mean time, would Mo want Newton going I don't think so.

I think once things have settled with the new coach the team will know where they stand and will get a bit of confidence back and we might start showing a bit of progress.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Fraggle posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
I thought he was given full control, notwithstanding ML's recent comments? Certainly Maurice said that IM would be responsible for recruitment, and the arrival of the likes of Higham and Jonkers, and the attempt to sign Mason, are clear evidence of that in my mind. There was also the rather sweeping changes behind-the-scenes, removing the likes of Nigel Ashley-Jones who was well-documented as not getting along with Millward in his previous job. What bits did ML not allow Millward to control?
Every action made by Millward ( by the way I was not a fan of his) had to go through Lindsay. If Lindsay did not like it then it did not happen. You read the comments now that Lindsay states that Noble will have full control, this is because it has not happened since Lindsay came back.

damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Wigan Watcher posted:
MrsLam posted:
Oh give over.

Are you now saying the players arent playing for Mo, just like they weren't playing for Millward? Millward was given full control, Mo let him take over Wigan and it didn't work. millward has only been gone two games give it a chance for the club to settle. Sick to death of hearing all this crap about Mo.
No one said the players are not playing for Lindsay!
Give things time to settle, we need a complete change we are in deep trouble and that is a fact.
You say you are sick to death of hearing what you call crap. This is your opinion many more would disagree with you, everyone has their own opinion.

I can see a protest the only way forward.
Why protest?Protest at who?
We hopefully should have a coach.we have a squad who shouldnt be bottom of the league but we are, Milly has gone the performances havent changed do we protest against the players we should but that is a death warrant for the club.
Forget the protests for the time being let noble have eight games. Let him get some cohesion forwards going straight halfbacks decided on and let them play. :sly:
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

The main reason we are in this state now is because of mis- management. In any company in the world would bring about change if the top management had put the club in the state it is in now. Of course Lindsay has done things right in the past, but it is true that he has made very serious mistakes that has definitely led to us a relegation situation. Lindsay's reputation now goes before him and I feel it can only hold the club back now and in the future.

The bottom line is he has failed very badly.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Fraggle posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
I thought he was given full control, notwithstanding ML's recent comments? Certainly Maurice said that IM would be responsible for recruitment, and the arrival of the likes of Higham and Jonkers, and the attempt to sign Mason, are clear evidence of that in my mind. There was also the rather sweeping changes behind-the-scenes, removing the likes of Nigel Ashley-Jones who was well-documented as not getting along with Millward in his previous job. What bits did ML not allow Millward to control?
Every action made by Millward ( by the way I was not a fan of his) had to go through Lindsay. If Lindsay did not like it then it did not happen. You read the comments now that Lindsay states that Noble will have full control, this is because it has not happened since Lindsay came back.
You can't prove that. The only reason it has been said by Mo IMO is in response to constant opinion being expressed on radio phone in's and on message boards like this that Mo interferes.

Mo has felt the need to respond, as he did to radio manc about how many coaches he personally has sacked over the years. The question is being asked of him "do you interfere" and he is just saying no.

If you heard the radio manc phone in last week Endacott was on and he said Mo never interfered while he was coach.

If Mo had not said this such is the paronoia that everyone would be saying Noble's hands would be tied.

The best example of Mo not interfereing with Millwards team building was the Newton/Higham thing.

It was so clear Millward wanted Higham at Wigan and he got his wish. Did he have to ask Mo about this? Yes of course he did because a coach can't sign a player without board approval but the important thing is he got board approval to do it.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I don't see what getting rid of ML will achieve.

Does Maurice call the plays or tell the coach who will come back on the inside ball after a break down the left?

The teams performance must be laid at the door of the coach and the players themselves.

The coach has been sacked - I never really liked Millward; however unless there was a total rift in the dressing room then I don't see how sacking him is going to make any difference.

A game plan should make a big difference to a team - however our biggest weakness is our defence by a mile. We conceeded 3 tries in the first 15 minutes yesterday - supposedly when the players should be at their freshest mentally and physically. We leak soft points early in matches - we then lack the firepower, class and what looks like desire, to get the points back.

There appears no cohesion in our side - they look for the most part like a badly organised group of individuals

The thing the fans should be demanding to be changed is whoever is meant to be in charge of our defence - because he is causing far more damage to the club than some bloke who goes looking for Aussies and talks at press conferences.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
wink

Post by wink »

I have been saying for the past two seasons that Mo. should go. No one listened until now. Ever since Mo. came to this club six years ago. He has been in full control. There has been no board of directors. He had full responsibility for hiring and firing. The blame lies firmly on his shoulders. He may have had something going for him years ago, but now he is definitely YESTERDAYS MAN. He should be man enough to go.
Wink :wink:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Matthew posted:
I don't see what getting rid of ML will achieve.

Does Maurice call the plays or tell the coach who will come back on the inside ball after a break down the left?

The teams performance must be laid at the door of the coach and the players themselves.

The coach has been sacked - I never really liked Millward; however unless there was a total rift in the dressing room then I don't see how sacking him is going to make any difference.

A game plan should make a big difference to a team - however our biggest weakness is our defence by a mile. We conceeded 3 tries in the first 15 minutes yesterday - supposedly when the players should be at their freshest mentally and physically. We leak soft points early in matches - we then lack the firepower, class and what looks like desire, to get the points back.

There appears no cohesion in our side - they look for the most part like a badly organised group of individuals

The thing the fans should be demanding to be changed is whoever is meant to be in charge of our defence - because he is causing far more damage to the club than some bloke who goes looking for Aussies and talks at press conferences.
Mo is the problem. He stated hed turn the club round in 3 years when he returned. Hes rushed things and were reaping the rewards now. Mo has sacked so many coaches that Shearings are jealous of us.

DW owns both clubs and does have his fair amount of blame for this. In that he has left MO to run the rugby side whilst he runs the football side.

Since Monie went weve been through so many good coaches that the lack of continiuty has destroyed us.

Monie was an exceptional coach and was effectivly fired

Endacott fired whilst we were challenging for honors

Raper fired but was going at the end of the season

Gregory very unfortunate that illness stop him from becoming a great coach

Betts fired effectivly although he never was the head coach but he was in all but name

Millward fired as we self destructed.

Think we had Goodway before Endacott but unsure why he left.

8 Coaches and some very good ones. Yet they all become bad coaches here after a while in the eyes of MO and he effectively sacks them or he does sack them. Either way he makes there position untenable and sacks them.

MO signe Davico and refused Smith a contract. Smith went to him but was told no. Davico unl;uckly gets injured but MO does not have a contingency plan for this.

MO allows Faz to go to union. Contract is a contract and if MO had refused him to go Faz would have sulked for 5 minutes and then got on with it.

MO is the problem not the coaches and its time for him to step down and leave it to a pro. See thats what MO effectivly is hes from the amateur days where we could wave a cheque and players would fight for it and come to us.

Mo is an Amateur and knows nothing about running a professional outfit. Hes from the stoneage it time he became extinct.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
Because we were cr@p? He oversaw the defeat against Castleford for the opening match at the JJB, which didn't help, and then Maurice returned to the club and he was gone. Incidentally, Maurice wasn't at the club when Monie was fired in '99 before Goodway was appointed, it was Peter Norbury I think who we have to thank for that.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:
Because we were cr@p? He oversaw the defeat against Castleford for the opening match at the JJB, which didn't help, and then Maurice returned to the club and he was gone. Incidentally, Maurice wasn't at the club when Monie was fired in '99 before Goodway was appointed, it was Peter Norbury I think who we have to thank for that.
So we have a history os busy bodies getting rid of good coaches.

reason we lost to Cas that night was not just we were crap but a certain Danny Orr kicked us to death.