maurice out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: maurice out

Post by DaveO »

jodie clark posted:
we have been talking to dean bell after todays game and he said we are the only people who can get rid of lindsey
I find this very difficult to believe. For a start DW owns most of the shares of the club and has just appointed Mo to the Latics board. So the only person who can get rid of Mo is DW.

So why would Dean Bell come out with an innaccurate statement and why would he say anything at all on this subject to a supporter?

If he did I am sure he will be thanking you for posting this on a public forum.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Its a good point Dean Bell allegedly has made, The backbone of the club is its fans and if they are getting unhappy at what Mo is doing or not doing then they need to protest collectively which i s what we need to do to force the issue, whether or not Mo is involved with the football is irrelevant to the RL fans as it just shows that he has very little time now to work on the RL side
The relevance of Mo being involved with the football is that DW put him there and so this makes it unlikely he is going to remove him from running the Warriors.

As to Bell's rumoured comments then it's hard to know what context they were made in.

Did he make a throw away comment or was he in agreement with the whole idea and suggesting a way it may be done?

Either way I am sure Mo will be really pleased Bell has said this (if he did).

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

backin2006 posted:
y r we wantin maurice to go its our owner n money man that wantsa 2 go whealan hasnt put anythin in2 rugby its all about latics so whealan out
I'm sure you posted this exact same inaccurate tosh last week, which were followed by people reminding you that he saved the club for extinction, paid for a stadium, attended rugby league games for years before buying the club, has been a major sponsor in Superleague over the years, etc etc etc. Have you found any evidence to support your claims yet or do you just not like Whelan for some reason?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

The topic is about Lindsay going and no one else.

LINDSAY OUT for bringing our club to this level.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
DaveO posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Its a good point Dean Bell allegedly has made, The backbone of the club is its fans and if they are getting unhappy at what Mo is doing or not doing then they need to protest collectively which i s what we need to do to force the issue, whether or not Mo is involved with the football is irrelevant to the RL fans as it just shows that he has very little time now to work on the RL side
The relevance of Mo being involved with the football is that DW put him there and so this makes it unlikely he is going to remove him from running the Warriors.

As to Bell's rumoured comments then it's hard to know what context they were made in.

Did he make a throw away comment or was he in agreement with the whole idea and suggesting a way it may be done?

Either way I am sure Mo will be really pleased Bell has said this (if he did).

Dave
editted by Mike
The point Dean Bell is rumoured to have made is that the fans are the only people who can rid of Mo.

The fact Mo has been appointed to the board of latics shows you he isn't going anywahere fast regardless of what this says about the commitment to the RL club. This isn't splitting hairs but the reality of the situation.

Dave
Rogersdog

Post by Rogersdog »

Hi All,

I have come here to show some support to a team i enjoy watching. I will not be posting anything anti Wigan RL as im a big Latics fan(Season Ticket Holder). I and many others have very strong feelings on this subject. The two clubs are now looking more like a big Business than a sports outfit. Something has to be done asap because we are loking very silly.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Rogersdog posted:
Hi All,

I have come here to show some support to a team i enjoy watching. I will not be posting anything anti Wigan RL as im a big Latics fan(Season Ticket Holder). I and many others have very strong feelings on this subject. The two clubs are now looking more like a big Business than a sports outfit. Something has to be done asap because we are loking very silly.
Welcome. Interesting point about the big business thing, although it seems that most big clubs these days operate primarily as commericial operations rather than just sports clubs. Latics' peers in the Premiership are prime examples, clubs floated on the Stock Market, concentration on European places rather than trivial annoyances like the FA Cup, consideration put into marketing in new territories to raise the profile of the club, etc. With the amount of money involved in soccer then perhaps it's necessary, but it's a good question whether that mentality also works for rugby league. In the long-term, and particularly when franchising really kicks in from 2009, running clubs as a business will become very important, otherwise we'll end up looking like your Oldhams and Keighleys, forever struggling with debts and trying to attract punters in against the face of other, professional-looking, high media profile sports. Assuming we're still in the top flight by 2009, we'll be better placed than a club like, say, Wakefield to make a claim for a franchise if some teams have got to drop out to accommodate a Welsh franchise or another French club.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Well said and I totally agree with you.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hi

I received a complaint about some of the content of this thread, in particular on allegations about comments ascribed to Dean Bell. The complint is largely unfounded, however, some insinuation from a couple of posts my step slightly over the line of changing unfounded rumour into accepted fact. I will try to remove/edit these posts without disrupting the thread overall.

Sorry
Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mario

Post by mario »