pat richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

pat richards

Post by - psycho - »

why not try him at full back?

he played full back when he was a la west tigers before being moved out onto the wing. he has great ball handling skills. he is good under the high bomb and he has a decent step.

it is clear that centre is not his favoured position and the only time he has looked anything near effective this season was when he was put on the wing against huddersfield at the jjb.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
taskmaster

Re: pat richards

Post by taskmaster »

not impressed with his lazy attitude i think needs a good kick up the arse but get him on the wing try dallas as his centre
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

no don't try dallas as his centre. fair enough dallas is fast and likes to run at people kamikaze like but he isn't big enough to be a centre. i say the same about kevin brown because for me a centre should be big, strong, aware and should have a handy offload. keith senoir, jamie lyon, martin gleeson, they are all big players and are fast strong clever with the ball in hand and they all feed their winger's trys because they draw 2 men into the tackle.

Nine

Post by Nine »

He seemed to cover at fullback a lot in the Wakey game (the one we lost) and he stunk - knocked on about 7 times in the game.

He looks absolutely miserable and has since he arrived. That feeble push on Gardner in the Stains game sums him up - just compare that with Ashton's try-saving tackles on the other wing. Even if Ashton had happened to fail to stop them scoring at least he'd given his all in trying.
Squad number 18!
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I know he is not the same calibre player, but it took Renouf and Craig Smith at LEAST 6 months to get settled and get going. In the first half of their respective first seasons at the club people were saying much the same about them as they are now about Richards and Calderwood. Maybe they do need a kick up the bum but players dont suddenly turn kak overnight. Give them a couple more months (not that we are in a position to be able to) I am reserving my judgement until the latter half of the season before I cast any judgements on their ability in the warriors team

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

id also give ashton a go in the centres. the game he played in the centres alst season (huddersfield away) he scored 2 tries and was very impressive!

taskmaster

Post by taskmaster »

we are probably getting on there backs a bit to much but we have always seemed to cover players settling well but that is not the case this year
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

but it took Renouf and Craig Smith at LEAST 6 months to get settled and get going
Your right there i remember me and my dad used to absolutely ruin Renouf when he first came to wigan he dropped the ball left right and center and was a bit rubbish but when he got goin man did he shine lets hope richards can do the same at the moment though he just looks lazy in the quins match he just didn't look interested at all!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
The only thing in Richards defence is that he has a young family and IF they arent settling very well this could be playing on his mind but in a crisis youve got to be professional and at the moment he and a few others arent coming up with the goods
I'm not sure "settling in" is a valid excuse for a professional player - Feca hasn't had any problem, and neither has Fletcher, injury apart.
bob-linnear

Post by bob-linnear »

I think you might find out that pat hasnt a young family ,just a lovely wife.who has been to every match except the games the warriors have won ,by the way I think thats 2