Farrell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Moore_115

Farrell

Post by Moore_115 »

do u think wigan will suffer until Farrell return after last night perfomance (20/02/04) i think they will :doz:
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
Fraggle

Re: Farrell

Post by Fraggle »

Moore_115 posted:
do u think wigan will suffer until Farrell return after last night perfomance (20/02/04) i think they will :doz:
This was almost predictable, along with the "he's rubbish", "no he's not" responses we're going to get! One thing is sure, it doesn't matter if Farrell plays or not when as a team we're as bad as last night. Despite that London game a couple of years back where Faz won the game for us single-handedly, he's not all-powerful and one man wouldn't have made a difference last night. Even Rads got it totally wrong for that first try, totally wrong-footed.

At least we can only improve from yesterday, and I look forward to seeing the lads really get going later in the season. With our tiny squad and all the injuries it was always going to be difficult but there's a long way to go yet.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Moore_115 posted:
Is this a footy fan stirring?

Think we'll underperform when any large number of key players are missing not just Faz. Last night we were weakened, we played poorly on too many occasions, Russel Smith listened to the home crowd for decisions but the main difference between us and the Bulls was about five more preseason friendlies. Last week will have been good preparation for them. Isn't that two seasons on the run where we've had a uneventful preseason and lost the first game of the season?

I'm sure that we will learn from last night, look forward and by the time we've won the next two (touch wood) we'll be better prepared and for you doubters - Faz should be back!

Bradford were the better team last night (Aaron Smith's dummy sold me too) but the thing that annoyed me the most was that some poor defending (wrong footed Radders and what was Brian doing waiting for the bounce?) meant they looked even better, if Withers could kick it would have been 42!
mario

Post by mario »

think friday night was down to lack of match practice. if some of the moves came off in the first half it might of been a different story.smith did'nt help and farrel as well as being the player that he is, just being there makes a difference. if he plays well or not he takes bradford players out the game because they have to make sure with him. were not a one player team anymore but its like united with keanethey're not the same team without him. further on on the season we can more afford to miss him.
Neil Gav

Post by Neil Gav »

IMO Faz is a class act and any team in the world would miss him. We lacked direction Friday (which he provides) but with a brand new half back pairing things will only improve.

I'm not too concerned though, there was effort there but it just didn't happen for us. Smith didn't help, they'd had more game time, and with the injuries..

We'll be around come the business end!
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

the team may miss farrell as he has alot of bodystrength bt he will still be there givin the youngsters support they need he does more backstage work for the club. :cool: :D
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

I am sorry, I am not Faz's greatest fan and I don't think one player makes that much of a difference.
It always seems at the start of each season whether Faz is about or not, our form is slow to improve...look at last season, the first quarter was very hit and miss.
Anyway, what's the point in going over whether we miss Faz or not. I saw him at the gym a little while ago and I think my chances of starting on the first team are more likely at the moment!