Predictions For Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Predictions For Hull

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
Anyway, I'm still amazed at the predictions people are putting down...I can't stress this enough. Huddersfield are a poor team.
And Hull only just beat them at the Galpharm last week, 26-18.

Of course, Hull will be favourites, but there are still reasons for optimism.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I think one of the best things about the Wigan fans is that they are always optimistic - and always cheer hard work. That is probably why we are beating saints for attendences even though we are bottom of the league.

I agree that one match against a side that has not been playing that well recently is hardly a reason to believe that we will finish the rest of the season unbeaten. However I think that we would all agree that Huddersfield have played a lot better than we have in the 3 games proceeding Saturday night.

As long as we put in a decent performance against hull rather than one like we did against the quins and the league game against wakefield then I will not be too disappointed.

Saturday was the first game this season where we have won both halves of the match. The players seemed committed and best of all we didn't go back to the awful one out game that we have been playing recently.

Whilst I don't see us breezing into the play-offs, I do now have a little faith that we will beat the drop.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doug Stand posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
Back to earth with a bang, eh Doug?
More like with a slip, a stumble and a knock on... but none the less it seems come Monday people will have to look at the glass again and see how empty/full it is.

Although I'm sure someone will tell me it's a minor setback and we are on course to make the top 4. :roll:
Not that optimistic!

It's not the end of the world if we do lose, though...as long as we beat Cas the following week, which should lift us off the bottom, assuming they lose to Salford as expected.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I can't wait for it!

Win or lose it should be a good match after Saturdays performance. Love the KC stadium and atmosphere, had a great day out there last year. Hope it's sunny again too. I'm not giving a prediction of a scoreline, I'm just predicting a good well fought out game.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
I can't wait for it!

Win or lose it should be a good match after Saturdays performance. Love the KC stadium and atmosphere, had a great day out there last year. Hope it's sunny again too. I'm not giving a prediction of a scoreline, I'm just predicting a good well fought out game.
Yet again I'll be missing out on Hull away. I think I'm destined never to go to the KFC stadium; when I do finally get to go I'll probably get all nostalgic for the Boulevard, with its fenced-in Thre'penny Stand to stop the locals escaping, the "March of the Condemned" at half time when swapping ends...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Dangerous Doc Murray

Post by Dangerous Doc Murray »

Not to woory fraggle, i will be going to Hull and am very optimistic however i have to say it is one of my LEAST favourite away trips! Especially if we loose that M62 can be pretty miserable on the way home :( not helped by Hull being voted amoungst the top ten 'worst towns in Britain' an impressive 3 years running! :D Oh well support through thick and thin and all that! how can i moan about things if i don't go! good luck to the boys.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

MrsLam posted:
I can't wait for it!

Love the KC stadium and atmosphere, had a great day out there last year.
An endless queue there was and I thought it was for tickets but when I looked and saw they were all 18-25 I got suspicious and asked. Not here for the game they all said, just to see Cat Lam after she broke our hearts last year by going back to Wiggin :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian.birchall posted:
MrsLam posted:
I can't wait for it!

Love the KC stadium and atmosphere, had a great day out there last year.
An endless queue there was and I thought it was for tickets but when I looked and saw they were all 18-25 I got suspicious and asked. Not here for the game they all said, just to see Cat Lam after she broke our hearts last year by going back to Wiggin :lol:
:D :cool: