O/T Waterside Glens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JJwilliams

O/T Waterside Glens

Post by JJwilliams »

I hope you don't mind me asking you but where abouts are you from? It tickles me to read your posts saying things like 'dead on', typical Belfast saying! My mum is from the Shankel and my dad is from the Fall's, i have loads of family over there still and i go over all the time. Maybe you could bring us some irish food that we miss so much like steak sausages or vegetable roll, only kiddin !!! :D
waterside glens

Re: O/T Waterside Glens

Post by waterside glens »

what about soda bread,and proper pasties. i live in newtownabbey,4 miles north of belfast. mmmmmmmm steak sausages :D
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

I know where you mean my mum and dad had there first place together there. We can get soda bread over here now, but no plain bread or veda. You can tell your from Belfast with your friendly way, just like all my family, we would be over there living still if it wasn't for the troubles!
waterside glens

where do you live now, are you in wigan? my mrs has promised we can move there when the kids are up
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

I grew up in a place called Skelmersdale outside of Wigan, its like Newtownards. My fiance and i are moving to Orrell in september which isn't that far from Wigan (about 10 minutes), so i'll be even closer for home games! Does your wife and kids watch the warriors too, or are you dragging them over here to live for your own benefit? :D
waterside glens

my own benefit.i always liked the easy going life style in the north west of england ever since i used to go there every easter when i was a teenager. thats when i discovered wigan ,1978 i think.
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

I think it's far nicer and the people are lovely in N.Ireland, i love it over there. My Nanny had a chippy on Mersey St and you probably had to pass it to get to the oval to watch the Glens, i'm i right in thinking they have moved grounds? Do you you mean the pasties that they deep fat fry over there, cos they are gorgeous!
waterside glens

yeah ,deep fried pastie in batter. the glens still play at the oval they have sold the ground but have got anywhere to build a new one yet. they play the blues[booooooo]in the irish cup final in a couple of weeks
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

Blues being Linfield?
waterside glens

you got it.what stand do you go to ? i,ve a ticket for the south for the stains and wire games and i,ll be over towards the end of the season .i,m not sure which game as i,ll see how we progress in the c cup and play offs? before i decide. my e-mail addy is on this site if you click my name and so is my msm addy