david vaealiki vs kevin brown

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Re: david vaealiki vs kevi...

Post by WiganWarrior »

Brown isnt a centre, DV should amaze us all and the rest of the league but he doesnt. Id still have DV to try to get our moneys worth
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
robjoenz

Re: david vaealiki vs kevin br...

Post by robjoenz »

- psycho - posted:

1)he can tackle, though it may not seem to be true at times but he can infact tackle. id rather have him tackling than kev brown.
Vaealiki's worst asset is his tackling, he can only tackle when he is second or third man to join the tackle. He needs the player pinned down for him then he lends his weight. If you went to Wakefield and saw how he let Tadulala run straight past him and then how he got in Calderwood's way you'd know just how useless he has been for us. That was a typical situation for him too.

As for Kevin Brown, his tackling of late has been very poor but that's because he's been going for the shoulders. In the past he's been very solid going around the waist or the top of the thighs, it brings players right down. The only reason I can think that he is going higher is that it is being coached to him that preventing an offload is preferable to at the expense of losing a few metres (provided you keep hold).
2) most of the time it seems like his attack is poor, but if you think, he has made great runs through defenses and he has created or scored tries. he is alos a good offloader of the ball.
I'm sorry Psycho but this is utter rubbish. I can perhaps be persuaded that Vaealiki can offload the ball but he is nowhere near as effective going forward as Kevin Brown. In every game Brown plays in he makes a break, the amount of chances McAvoy bombed at Hull is testement to how effective we were down his side. One of those efforts in the first half showed superb footwork from Kevin.
3)he is stronger than kevin brown.
I think the word you are after is heavier.
thegimble

Re: david vaealiki vs kevin br...

Post by thegimble »

DV in the NRL was a quality player and we may yet (Miracle if it happens) see that form here. They stint off might work for him as will having a winger who can stay injury fee.

Brown is average on his best day. So DV for me in a 2 bad horse race.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Kev Brown never a centre Jammie Tracey at st judes miles better and can tackle ,sorry but it as to be DV for me :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I really can't understand why people are choosing Vaealiki over Brown when he cannot tackle OR go forward. At least Brown has got decent feet.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

They're both awful, neither could break into a sweat let alone a tackle. Mo would do a better job.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Brown. Not a fan of the guy, but DV is: Height: 186 cm and Weight: 98 kg and Kevin Brown is Height: 178 cm and Weight: 85 kg. He's one of the smallest players we have in the team and DV is one of the biggest in the back row, yet he cant throw a man in to touch or fight his way over the try line. He's either bone idle or he just doesnt know what hes doing. At least Brown tries even if things dont come up for him, he'll try and tackle and can get over the try line. DV has done nothing to me, to show he is worthy of a starting place, just because he has the number 4 shirt doesnt mean its his right to play there. He's a waste of space.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
BUZZ337

Post by BUZZ337 »

Kevin Brown does my head in, he's all arms and legs like a spider , weak in the tackle and defence and he's not creative in any way.

David Vaeliki is ..er...well.....erm............hang on i'll think of something in minute.............

NOPE.

Kevin Brown it is.

Heaven help us.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i to think brown just because hes probably on less money! so when he plays utter rubish which is regular at least hes not charging us as much. and hes english so he doesnt take up a quota spot.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
standofftfield

Post by standofftfield »

Kev Brown every time !!!!!!!