do you think.....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

do you think.....

Post by - psycho - »

that if we are facing relegation 2nd from bottom, the rfl will turn around and say that no one gets relegated because of les cats?

just having a convo with my dad and he reckons that if we are 2nd from bottom at the end of the year, then the rfl wont relegate a team because of the catalans. just interesting and it made me wonder. though this may seem like a flase statment, whelan puts alot of money into the warriors and rugby in general, and us being relegated could be to much to lose. this way the rfl may say no relegation. what do you think if we finished 2nd from bottom?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
WiganWarrior

Re: do you think.....

Post by WiganWarrior »

I would like to say yes, BUT that wont happen.

Ive heard plenty of supporters of other clubs saying that this would happen if Wigan were in that position and they would change the rules for us etc etc.

This wont happen finish bottom we go down, finsh 2nd from bottom with Les Cats bottom, we go down.

I hope this wont happen
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

The simple fact is that we shouldn't be in this position to start with... if we get relegated we've no-one to blame but ourselves, and we don't have any right to expect the rfl to keep us up.
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Big D.

Post by Big D. »

I think we need to start thinking positively !!

Come on, we're not far from being at full strength with some classy players on their way back.

The talent is there, the coach is there, committment and a little luck should ease us off the bottom.

CONFIDENCE from fans, coaching staff AND players WILL see us off the bottom . :exc:
BUZZ337

Post by BUZZ337 »

TOP MAN......

I think you should pull on a jersey, get out there and show the squad what it means to be a part of the GREATEST Rugby Team in the WORLD.

I for one am staying positive with the hope that we will survive and then the anticipation of seeing some top quality signings and more importantly some locally produced talent wearing the jersey with the pride and respect it deserves.

WIGAN FOREVER.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

- psycho - posted:
that if we are facing relegation 2nd from bottom, the rfl will turn around and say that no one gets relegated because of les cats?

just having a convo with my dad and he reckons that if we are 2nd from bottom at the end of the year, then the rfl wont relegate a team because of the catalans. just interesting and it made me wonder. though this may seem like a flase statment, whelan puts alot of money into the warriors and rugby in general, and us being relegated could be to much to lose. this way the rfl may say no relegation. what do you think if we finished 2nd from bottom?
If we finish bottom we should be relegated! There should be no second chances just because we are Wigan. If Cas finish bottom you can bet they will go down!
heydude

Post by heydude »

some of us are forgotting that if we can put three wins together we can still be in the top six but i personally feel that friday is a very important match this could be a season breaker for wigan a win could show the players the light at the end of the tunnel,a loss welcome to NL1 ( i mean in psychological terms)
don't eat yellow snow
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Not sure I share your confidence re top six but deffo Friday is crucial. After this we have Wakey away, Stains at home then Leeds away - how many points from that lot?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Flash posted:
Can you imagine the stick if they made a special case 'cause it was Wigan!
Hull only exist because Gateshead were forced to fold.

Quins exist because London were allowed to go bust, walk away from their financial obigations and re-invent themselves.

Huddersfield "merged" with Sheffield and have avoided relegation at least once when finishing bottom.

And of course Les Cats are immune from relegation for three years.

I don't think Wigan would be saved from relegation by the RFL if we finish bottom but if we were, there would be plenty of hypocrites flinging the mud in our direction ignoring all that has been done for other clubs in the past to keep them in SL.

Dave
taskmaster

Post by taskmaster »

the rfl have dangled a 100,000 carrot to the team who finishes top if they dont come up also the rfl have confimed wigan will go down if we finish below catalan