TIME TO BREAK THE RULES

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: TIME TO BREAK THE RULE...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Boris Johnson
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

taskmaster posted:
have uyou not been watchin nrl
No, why
taskmaster

Post by taskmaster »

the best player in nrl by a mile
steve O

Post by steve O »

taskmaster posted:
who ?boris johnson?
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

Stains must be paying their lot double what we are. It doesnt help that our two highest earners are Vaeliki (injured, mostly dissapointing... but badly needed at the moment) and Seu Seu, who seems to have a leg missing.
I seriously dont know what we're going to do. If we cant improve on this defence then we will lose all the rest of our games. :(
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

taskmaster posted:
i shall have to get up earlier on the weekend and have a scan, havent5 caught a game in a few week
steve O

Post by steve O »

HindleyGreen28 posted:
Stains must be paying their lot double what we are. It doesnt help that our two highest earners are Vaeliki (injured, mostly dissapointing... but badly needed at the moment) and Seu Seu, who seems to have a leg missing.
I seriously dont know what we're going to do. If we cant improve on this defence then we will lose all the rest of our games. :(
we could always pay some really excellent players a pittance but give their partners / wives highly paid jobs within the JJB organisation - that would get them in!!!
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

we could always pay some really excellent players a pittance but give their partners / wives highly paid jobs within the JJB organisation - that would get them in!!![/quote]
Did that with Renouf. Think we got a slap for it in the end though. But boy it was worth it, for the last second winning try against Bradford alone.
Campions of the rugby world.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
then again, lets not.
if 11 other teams can do it so can Wigan, im all for fairness, just have to put up with the prospect of relegation.
Fairness in RL? Give over. If that were true Hull and Quins would no longer exist, Hudds would have been relegated before now and Gateshead and Sheffield would still have SL teams.

Our problem is we aren't quite bad enough! If we went bust I have no doubt the RFL would allow us to do what London did last season and rise from the ashes and assemble a whole new team with a slot in SL.

Cynical? Yes but not far form the truth. Several sides have got away with far worse than finishing bottom of the table.

I am not saying we should break the rules by the way but I get a bit fed up of all this pious "if we finish bottom we should get relegated" stuff because of all the things that have happened to keep other sides who bring a lot less to the sport in SL.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do think Mr Whelan should make some ridiculous offers for players NOW if need be. Apart from that yes break the rules because it strikes me nobody has any confidence that the rules are policed properly and as Dave O says look what other clubs have got away with.

A question? is Wigan not as important to rugby league as France? Should we not be protected?