Tired of excuses and blaming.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Tired of excuses and blaming.

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im getting a bit bored of all the blame heading towards the board/players about Wigan's performances this season.

Its true a lot has happened that is negative but there's nothing as a supporter that we can do about it. Every other thread now blames someone for something in the past, would be good to have a few positive threads instead of things that we perhaps already know and are aware of.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thegimble

Re: Tired of excuses and blami...

Post by thegimble »

ancientnloyal posted:
Im getting a bit bored of all the blame heading towards the board/players about Wigan's performances this season.

Its true a lot has happened that is negative but there's nothing as a supporter that we can do about it. Every other thread now blames someone for something in the past, would be good to have a few positive threads instead of things that we perhaps already know and are aware of.
We will win a trophy next season. Hows that for a positive post. Pity is the NL1 trophy though.
Fraggle

Re: Tired of excuses and b...

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
ancientnloyal posted:

We will win a trophy next season. Hows that for a positive post. Pity is the NL1 trophy though.
I'd say there are more trophies to win in NL1 than Superleague - apart from the NL1 itself there's the Trainspotters Cup and, assuming we get past East Hull or Skirlaugh or Ulverston Boy Scouts or whoever in the early rounds, there's always the Challenge Cup!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Fraggle posted:
assuming we get past East Hull or Skirlaugh or Ulverston Boy Scouts or whoever in the early rounds, there's always the Challenge Cup!
What about the Keighley Girl Guides? - most of them would run straight through our defence at the moment.

It's interesting to see Phil Clarke already mentioning ways of finishing bottom and not be relegated for Wigan.

I think that it looks more likely with every defeat that we will be bottom - it would be just nice to see a couple of half decent performances between now and then.

If you think this side is bad just wait 'til you see the £400K version of it...

I suppose we will be loaning players out in the hope that we can get back in the super league in one attempt.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Matthew posted:
Fraggle posted:
assuming we get past East Hull or Skirlaugh or Ulverston Boy Scouts or whoever in the early rounds, there's always the Challenge Cup!
What about the Keighley Girl Guides? - most of them would run straight through our defence at the moment.

It's interesting to see Phil Clarke already mentioning ways of finishing bottom and not be relegated for Wigan.

I think that it looks more likely with every defeat that we will be bottom - it would be just nice to see a couple of half decent performances between now and then.

If you think this side is bad just wait 'til you see the £400K version of it...

I suppose we will be loaning players out in the hope that we can get back in the super league in one attempt.
didnt they let cas and widnes keep there players as they were under contract for 1 season im sure we will get grace from the £400 000 sallary cap :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry:
How on earth can you all joke about this current situation, this is the worst position, the worst set of players, and the worst board we have ever had in super league, we are still recruiting below standard players who will even struggle when we are relegated, and not only that we are signing them on 2 1/2 & 3 year contracts (not a good sign)

I think we are planning for a year in non league.

This is DIRE !!!!!

:angry: :angry:
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

did anyone read the 2 page spread of lindsay in tonights wep. don,t get me wrong, i think some of his signings have been dire, but i,ll give the guy his due, he is wigan rugby throughout. if you cut the guy, he,ll bleed cherry and white.
he said at the end of the column, he is going nowhere as he has a lot of important work left to do with the club and that he wants us to get back where we belong. at the top of the rugby league tree
NOW LETS ALL STOP BICKERING AND GET BEHIND THE CLUB NAD SHOW THE REST OF THE RUGBY LEAGUE WHAT WE ARE ABOUT.
WE ARE WIGAN
we may not like what we are seeing but at the moment we are stuck with what we have and the situation we are in, but i for one do not believe that nobby is going to sit back and allow us to go down without a fight and at the moment ,i do not believe we are going down. lets put any thought of relegation out of our heads as brian noble has done and GIVE ALL THE SQUAD 100% SUPPORT WHICH IS WHAT THEY NEED AND BETWEEN US LETS TURN THE SEASON AROUND
wigans turning blue- my arse

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Now all we need is a performance we can get behind.

Let's hope it's the next game...
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
wink

Post by wink »

Lindsay sounds like Tony B. and look what a total mess he has made.
:wink: WINK
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

we_need_a_coach posted:
we are signing them on 2 1/2 & 3 year contracts (not a good sign)
We could sign them on 10 year contracts because if we go down all contracts become null and void.

Here's a question for you. Would you rather us go down so that these sub-standard players that we have signed become free agents, or would you rather us stay up and thus have to honour another year at least of these players contracts?

Dave