best wigan match ever

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevo38

best wigan match ever

Post by stevo38 »

im only thirty eight id say the wigan manly match at central park but maybe sum of the older guys on here av other views
stevo38

Re: best wigan match ever

Post by stevo38 »

although for sheer buzz i still av the wigan bradford game at jjb wen renouf scored in last seconds it still makes me tingle
The Pearl

Post by The Pearl »

stevo38 posted:
although for sheer buzz i still av the wigan bradford game at jjb wen renouf scored in last seconds it still makes me tingle
Me too!! :) [/quote]
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

My favourite games we're the 71-10 demolition of Bradford in the cup semi, think it was 1992. Offiah got five if i remember correctly, and Gene Miles scored and took down the ref (Robin Whitfield?) over the line.

The other wasn't a real classic, and i cant remember the year, but it was towards the end at central park, Henry Paul's return against Wigan for Bradford. We won something like 8-12 in the rain. It was a great, tough game of rugby league.

Aaaaah the memories.

Great topic by the way.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

stevo38 posted:
im only thirty eight id say the wigan manly match at central park but maybe sum of the older guys on here av other views
I am a little younger but i would have to say the derby game when Vaiga rampaged the stains wing in the final min to win the match.For atmosphere when we had already won the division and played Bradford Northern in the final game at CP every time Henderson Gill took the ball the noise was deafening and you could see his pearly whites as he broke the line and went the length of the field to score.

But hey thats just me.
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Oh come on its 27-0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

wot about wen offiah scored ten against leeds :D doug lawton smoked 80 fags that day :)
horsey

Post by horsey »

The 3-1 win over Reading to gain promotion to the Premier League has to be high on any list.
Make the JJB Rugby free
OJ

Post by OJ »

There have been so many haven't there and at the time they all seemed more special than any other but in more recent times the two that stand out for me were Murrayfield in 2002 and the Good Friday game against Saints when Stuart Raper was coach.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

horsey posted:
The 3-1 win over Reading to gain promotion to the Premier League has to be high on any list.
i thought it would have been the league cup final :D no only joking the reading game was a good one