RELEGATION

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Onebigfeka

RELEGATION

Post by Onebigfeka »

Is it true they dont mention the ( r word)in the wigan camp get real we r r capital r absalutly didnt go tonight watched sky see by whos online most people did the same try a little harder springs two mind :(
At least we can still win a cup ha ha
see u at salford
24hrs in a day
24 cans in a case
coincidence?
i think not
jaws1

Re: RELEGATION

Post by jaws1 »

I hate to say it we are going to be relegated ,tonight was the last nail in the coffin .Richards try should have been a try . Our defence was better but our attack was not good enough there was not a player on the field tonight with any speed.We have won matches before with breakaway tries in the past i am sorry to say we have nobody in our team who can do this.The players are not good enough we have no aggresion in our team bring on the young lads at least they want to play for Wigan .
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

See you all in National League 1, this season is over.
steve_oh

Post by steve_oh »

14 matches left yet!, at least 2/3 are winnable.
- seeing signs of slow improvement - dont give up on them just yet.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

it is heartbreaking to watch wigan being outplayed by every team in the league! our players have no ideas our game plan is over before its begun. at the beginning of the season i was looking forward to a good season and maybe some silverware. i dont think i have ever been so let down by a team of players who frankly are guttless overpaid also rans. even if we do survive and manage to scrape into the super league next season will anyone ever forgive this team?
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

the grinch posted:
it is heartbreaking to watch wigan being outplayed by every team in the league! our players have no ideas our game plan is over before its begun. at the beginning of the season i was looking forward to a good season and maybe some silverware. i dont think i have ever been so let down by a team of players who frankly are guttless overpaid also rans. even if we do survive and manage to scrape into the super league next season will anyone ever forgive this team?
Pretty much sums up myviews at the moment.

I can't help thinking everything is against us at the moment summed up by that decision tonight. Even things like the pre-season favourites for relegation, Cas, ending up with a competitive pack due to us loaning them Sculthorpe and then Ward getting sacked by Leeds! Who would have expected cas to have Ward on board pre-season?

I mean we loan them a player and can't even get him back when we have injuries and even just to weaken them!

Ultimately I think despite the bad luck, the injuries having to play so many away games in this half of the season (which is a factor IMO) all conspiring against us it is the players who are not delivering.

Moran as mentioned elsewhere is the biggest culprit but the form of other players is way down on what it should be.

Dave
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

steve_oh posted:
14 matches left yet!, at least 2/3 are winnable.
- seeing signs of slow improvement - dont give up on them just yet.
I agree steve... vastly improved, just our kicking game and we need a spark in the camp... slowly... we're getting better...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

the grinch posted:
I agree if we do manage to survive this season i think Nobby will have abig clear out.To me the players look jaded Millward did not give them a rest after last season went straight into training for this season.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Could this fixture list be the turning point for Wigan
Sun 18 Jun Catalans Dragons Home 19:00 - -
Fri 23 Jun Warrington Wolves Home 20:00 - -
Sat 01 Jul Harlequins RL Away 15:00 - -
Fri 07 Jul Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Home 20:00 - -
Fri 14 Jul Salford City Reds Home 20:00 - -
Sun 23 Jul Warrington Wolves Away 15:00 - -
Fri 04 Aug Catalans Dragons Home 20:00 -
It would also be nice to beat the Stains after all Huddersfield beat them and we have beat them twice this season .Lets hope Stains rest a few players for this game like they did at Hudds .
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Onebigfeka posted:
Is it true they dont mention the ( r word)in the wigan camp get real we r r capital r absalutly didnt go tonight watched sky see by whos online most people did the same try a little harder springs two mind :(
At least we can still win a cup ha ha
see u at salford
Is it just me struggling to understand this post?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered