Re: moran moran moran moran or...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Re: moran moran moran mora...

Post by WiganWarrior »

I thought Lockers worked hard with his tackling. I wouldnt have him at a half back, Higham i would. Im not sure at giving Fletcher the capt, his was on report again i think yesterday i think he'll get another ban. I cant believe Dallas keeps getting targetted for high tackles he nearly lost his head again. :(
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Radlinski 2 stay

Post by Radlinski 2 stay »

we will never win another match until they get rid of moran the moron :angry: :(
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Doug Stand posted:
OK, lets stop this idea of switching the halves. In todays game the 6 and 7 play similar roles. They are not as cut and dried asd before.
Also, it has been done and it does not work.
Denis Moran and Danny Orr are both dreadful players and should not be included on the panle. They should be condemed to play for the A-team forever more.
We should bring through the youngsters as we have to start planning for life in NL1.
good point doug give them a little experience for the year after next sam tomkins for me at 7 :lol: atleast he as attitued and brocket at 1 :wink: let nelly have a go in the pack as well whilst were at it :eh:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
The Pearl

Post by The Pearl »

Probably not going to like this but Moran needs to stay until the end of the season. As we get into the mire we need match winners and he has a proven record of that. I agree that the Orr/Moran combo does not work as Danny goes hiding in attack and Moran is left to steer a ship that is too big for him. We need someone to take charge and act as a pivot and lead us around the park. Fletcher has the personality but it is too difficult to do it from 2nd row. Last night we played away from home and conceded 10 points, that is a big achievement and you can see the defensive work being done is paying dividends. The halfbacks cannot be entirely to blame for lack of quality runners hitting holes. O'loughlin's kicking game was terrible with every kick finding a man. Moran's was better with 75% of his kicks hitting space. This has been the same with every game I have seen at the JJB this year. Moran put himself about last night and got stuck in. If you don't believe watch the game again (I have). I agree he is not a player to compare to Lam, Gregory, Edwards etc but he may well be someone who will deliver that little spark which could be the difference between SL & NL1. The Richards 'try' was set up by Moran taking on the defence up the blind side. The more he can run at the defence the more he will create. The pack need to stand up and give the halfbacks more to work with. Hopefully some players on Nobles wish list get knocked out of the challenge cup this week and we can pick them up especially a stand off so we can put Moran on the bench and alternate him with Orr as an impact player or shift him to fullback as this is not the position for Ashton at the moment.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Alex the Warrior posted;
The first requirement of a captain is to be good enough to be in the team.
He is our best player and was our best again on Saturday. What game did you watch?

His kicking was poor but this is just another of the long list of duties he must fulfill because of the dearth of quality at half back.

And as for his brother-in-law his kicking has come in for loads of criticism for both club and country!
mikeyt

Post by mikeyt »

moran is not a wigan player. he worked well at london coz there was no one better. i think he knows he will not be a wigan player next year. be it in super league where decon will replace him, or in NL1 where his contract will not be renewed. drop him now blood a youngster at least you will see more effort and pride
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

be fair to moran he did set up feka and he did make the run for richards to score (yes he did score no doubts about it but again we are cheated). apart from that he was shocking. halpenny got MOTM for having safe hands. i could have got man of the match if i was playing at full back that night because moran was just simply kicking into his hands. if anything moran should have got man of the match for helping him so much! disgraceful. put higham at 7 and orr at 6. didnt look so bad in the saints away game did it?. godwin can play 80 minutes because his fitness is good. lock moran in asda toilets. there he can be compared to the stuff which you associate toilets with.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
whitehavenRLforever

Post by whitehavenRLforever »

Agent Moran is simply outstanding. He should be 1st on the team sheet everytime in my veiw

No wonder Quinns let him go. He'll sink you single handedly into NL1 and they will stop up.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

whitehavenRLfor ever posted:
Agent Moran is simply outstanding. He should be 1st on the team sheet everytime in my veiw

No wonder Quinns let him go. He'll sink you single handedly into NL1 and they will stop up.
are you interested in him? :)
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
whitehavenRLforever

Post by whitehavenRLforever »

- psycho - posted:
whitehavenRLfor ever posted:

are you interested in him? :)
He was a good player for the then Broncos. I just can't beleive how far back he's gone. He did show one or two decent touches yesterday but it simply isn't enough. Him and Orr simply aren't a good pairing and to be honest I don't think he would even get into our side which just about say's it all.