Long out?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Long out?

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... elens.html

Anderson, who declined to reveal Long's exact injury, admitted a six-point cushion at the top of the table has given him the luxury of being able to rest players, as he did when St Helens lost for the only time this season, at Huddersfield earlier this month.

The coach looks sure to gamble once more against the bottom-of-the-table Warriors as he casts one eye towards the cup quarter-final with Catalans Dragons, which has been arranged for Saturday, June 3.

Reading between the lines, looks like he's thinking of doing a "Bradford"...makes sense to field a weakened team against the bottom club, I guess, before an important cup game! I'm all for that!
stevocod

Re: Long out?

Post by stevocod »

GeoffN posted:

Anderson, who declined to reveal Long's exact injury, admitted a six-point cushion at the top of the table has given him the luxury of being able to rest players, as he did when St Helens lost for the only time this season, at Huddersfield earlier this month.

The coach looks sure to gamble once more against the bottom-of-the-table Warriors as he casts one eye towards the cup quarter-final with Catalans Dragons, which has been arranged for Saturday, June 3.

Reading between the lines, looks like he's thinking of doing a "Bradford"...makes sense to field a weakened team against the bottom club, I guess, before an important cup game! I'm all for that!
Do you want to have a bet on that!! :wink: :D
Big D.

Post by Big D. »

GeoffN posted:

The way that we're playing at the moment, it'll take a lot more than resting Longy to make me think we've got a chance of winning ?!

Not being defeatist, just realistic.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i bet my mortage he plays, were have i heard that b4 :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
turf

Post by turf »

I wouldn't believe anything you read. Long WILL be playing on Saturday night. I reckon that Daniel Anderson will put out his strongest team available to him.
Dynorod

Post by Dynorod »

That's what worries me
FOR ALL YOUR PLUMBING NEEDS
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

turf posted:
I wouldn't believe anything you read. Long WILL be playing on Saturday night. I reckon that Daniel Anderson will put out his strongest team available to him.
I have just posted on another thread that there is no glory in beating Saints if Sion Long is out injured. It will only give the winging Saints fan a ready excuse. However the two points will be handy
bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

I'm with Turf. Mind games from stains. We've seen it all before.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

It doesnt matter if we beat stains with or without longy. A win is a win against the old enemy. They would of been ecstatic if they had beaten us in 2003 at the JJB even if we did have a team full of kids. Huddersfield didnt seem to bother when they beat them, as i say a win against stains is a win.
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

I would love to beat stains with or without longy!!
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!