Re: Specualtion

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

the grinch posted:
nobby is getting rid of millwards signings and bringing his own players in. if we go over the salary cap then so be it! what will they do take two points off us like they did stains?
It wont be 2 points...It will be 4! as was given to Wakefield the same year that you was given a cart-blanche to go over the salary cap.
That will mean you will have to turn over 9 points instead of 5 at this stage, and only 26 points left to play for.

Houdini wouldn't have tackled that!!
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

I thought Jonkers loan spell ended a couple of weeks a go?
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

the grinch posted:
nobby is getting rid of millwards signings and bringing his own players in. if we go over the salary cap then so be it! what will they do take two points off us like they did stains? if we stick with our current players we will be religated and maurice and whealan will do anything to avoid that.
Which ones? Wilkes maybe, but that is small fry. The biggest story at the moment is Dobson v Moran and Millward didn't sign Moran. On the contrary, he wanted to replace him but was instructed to stick with both him and Orr by the chairman so many on here still support! :angry:
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Excellent shout Jimmy to many people have the wool over there eyes when it comes to Whelan,what has he actually done for Wigan Rugby League he has put us bottom of the league sold Central Park and adjoining training pitches i would say he has earned money off us to puyt into the Latics remember we have no Farrell or Radlinski anynore so we must have money to spend on the salary cap.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Mean Dean posted:
Excellent shout Jimmy to many people have the wool over there eyes when it comes to Whelan,what has he actually done for Wigan Rugby League he has put us bottom of the league sold Central Park and adjoining training pitches i would say he has earned money off us to puyt into the Latics remember we have no Farrell or Radlinski anynore so we must have money to spend on the salary cap.
Its the players that have put us bottom of the league. I don't think he needs to take money from the rugby to finance the football. Millions are earned in the prem and rugby money is chicken feed in comparison
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Millions were earned from selling Central Park and Springfield Park that was used to get them in the PREM.He can afford a 20 MILLION POUND bid for Owen so were is that cash for us and dont give me salary cap as there are ways around it as we all know if not how have Leeds Stains Bradford etc kept all there internationals under the cap?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Mean Dean posted:
Millions were earned from selling Central Park and Springfield Park that was used to get them in the PREM.He can afford a 20 MILLION POUND bid for Owen so were is that cash for us and dont give me salary cap as there are ways around it as we all know if not how have Leeds Stains Bradford etc kept all there internationals under the cap?
And build the JJB that we play in. How much extra income would Owen have generated from going to the latics Answer a lot. How much extra income will Barrett generate? Answer none.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Fawdoffshed posted:
Fujiman posted:
Mean Dean posted:
And build the JJB that we play in. How much extra income would Owen have generated from going to the latics Answer a lot. How much extra income will Barrett generate? Answer none.
None? So if Wigan avoid relegation and build for next season (which is apparent, even as I write this) and they reach, say, the Challenge Cup Final and the Grand Final, he won't generate ANY extra income?

I'm glad you're not my accountant.
Ok maybe i was wrong saying nothing. But the point i was making was that Owen going to wigan would be national news and generate global interest and that consequently would generate more income in advertising revenue etc. Yes Barrett helping us win things would help but because the roundball always gets the headlines that brings the dosh in.I'm glad i'm not your accoutant it would be a tight squeeze in that shed!
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

did any 1 see dobson play on sunday ? and how did he look ?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mean Dean posted:
Apart from the fact no-one had mentioned Mr Whelan (the "chairman" Jimmy referred to is, of course, Maurice Lindsay), it's good to see the same old rubbish being spouted. Whelan hasn't put us bottom of the league, but a lot of underperforming, overpaid (on current performances) players have done that. He didn't sell Central Park, you have to thank Mr Robinson et al for that. The money he makes from us won't make a massive amount of difference to the Latics, he has a few pounds himself to pump into that team if necessary. And the Farrell money is probably paying for Higham, Calderwood, Richards and Fletcher. Radlinski, yes, we should have money there, but there aren't exactly a massive number of top players available mid-season for spending that (and it might already have gone on Trent Barrett and that Bailey for next season).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]