Radders

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: Radders

Post by ChrisA »

damien morrissey posted:
I never thought i would say this but Radders should look to the future. I would love to see him in some coaching capacity but FB is covered with a player with bags of potential and good performances now,Richards can cover for the usual injuries we have.
I cant see what he will add at this late stage on the park but i love his sentiment i hope the players can repeat this for the remainder of the season
Potential, yes. However we need experience to get us through this, Rads solidity at the back would be a God send in our current situation. I can't see this happening, but if it did, I would not complain.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

ChrisA posted:
damien morrissey posted:
I never thought i would say this but Radders should look to the future. I would love to see him in some coaching capacity but FB is covered with a player with bags of potential and good performances now,Richards can cover for the usual injuries we have.
I cant see what he will add at this late stage on the park but i love his sentiment i hope the players can repeat this for the remainder of the season
Potential, yes. However we need experience to get us through this, Rads solidity at the back would be a God send in our current situation. I can't see this happening, but if it did, I would not complain.
I can see your point but Ashton is holding his own at the moment, the reason we get beat week in/out is because we are unable to offer anything in attack its not exactly one way traffic but it is one step in attack three in defense we cant blame Ashton for that. as we generate meaningful offense the pressure will come off the backline.
As i said i can see your point but if we could get someone back i would prefer it would be a Farrell some RL purists would shoot me for that but for me he was the best Wigan player of the last ten years.
Never will happen though so lets hope Dobson can do what Moran failed to do.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I do see Ashton as a great prospect, with great potential, at the moment he is nothing more that a very good prsopect, in my opinion. The experience and the influence of having Rads at the back would create confidence through the whole team. Like I say though, I cant see this ever coming off, and I dont know why I'm even discussing it :conf:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

damien morrissey posted:
lets hope Dobson can do what Moran failed to do.
actualy kick the ball.

would be good to get kris back, even if it was just to mentor ashton during training :eusa10:
The Pearl

Post by The Pearl »

adrenalinxx posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Radders would be fully fit when he come back....hence the reason hes training in Aus.
Rads hasn't been fully fit for years and even if he is training it will take atleast a year until he is fully fit again and then how long will he last. Wigan need to be looking to the future not holding on to the past.
Why would it take him a year to get fit when his body has been conditioned to excel for over 10 years, he won't lose it that quick. We are not talking about get Bob from the chippy to turn out for the local pub side 'coz he used to play a bit'. We are talking about world class player who retired weeks ago. Any decision would not be taken lightly by player, coach or club.

As for Ashton he is an enormous talent but would develop better on the wing and possibly centre on occassion. His decision making needs to mature and his kick return is too high risk at present. But those are things that will come in time.

I would love to Radlinski back as desperate times call for desperate measures but I think I'll see Fielden in a Wigan shirt before him! :wink:
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

The Pearl posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
mrs_carney posted:
Radders would be fully fit when he come back....hence the reason hes training in Aus.
Rads hasn't been fully fit for years and even if he is training it will take atleast a year until he is fully fit again and then how long will he last. Wigan need to be looking to the future not holding on to the past.
Why would it take him a year to get fit when his body has been conditioned to excel for over 10 years, he won't lose it that quick. We are not talking about get Bob from the chippy to turn out for the local pub side 'coz he used to play a bit'. We are talking about world class player who retired weeks ago. Any decision would not be taken lightly by player, coach or club.

As for Ashton he is an enormous talent but would develop better on the wing and possibly centre on occassion. His decision making needs to mature and his kick return is too high risk at present. But those are things that will come in time.

I would love to Radlinski back as desperate times call for desperate measures but I think I'll see Fielden in a Wigan shirt before him! :wink:
Kris is a legend and should remain so,no going back. Take the tv money and be happy with what you acheived
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Schalk Brits... posted:
I posted on here weeks ago that Rads would be back although I thought it would be at another club.
It was not his decision to retire he was forced to retire.
There are still a couple of good seasons left in KR.Lets hope they are at Wigan.
You must be bonkers. Hes had his day let it go
Kat

Post by Kat »

I'd be made up if Radders came back!

A Kris Radlinski who is not fully fit would still be better than Chris Ashton. No disrespect to the lad, but he's just not ready yet. I do think he has a big future ahead of him, but his positional play is a bit dodgy, and I don't feel very confident knowing he is our last line of defence. Although his attack is very good. He would learn a lot from Radders, which could only be better for him as a player in the long run!

At the end of the day though, it's entirely up to Kris if he wants to return. If he has any doubts because of the injury, then he should take his time and make the decision for what's best for him!
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Kat posted:
I'd be made up if Radders came back!

A Kris Radlinski who is not fully fit would still be better than Chris Ashton. No disrespect to the lad, but he's just not ready yet. I do think he has a big future ahead of him, but his positional play is a bit dodgy, and I don't feel very confident knowing he is our last line of defence. Although his attack is very good. He would learn a lot from Radders, which could only be better for him as a player in the long run!

t the end of the day though, it's engirely up to Kris if he wants to return. If he has any doubts because of the injury, then he should take his time and make the decision for what's best for him!
His positional play is a bit dodgy!! Did you not go to Salford? This lad, even though he is young has prooved he has it all. Skill, speed, determination, and the heart of a lion. Dont get me wrong, Kris Radlinski just befor he got injured was the best in the world, and is a freind of mine. But watching Ashton at the moment is like going back ten years. The lad has done nothing wrong, keep up the good work Ashton. There wouldnt be too many lads of his age that could of taken the pressure at full back, when Wigan were really struggling, and still performed so well. :eusa2: :eusa2:
....Bigger they are, harder they fall....
boovey2006

Post by boovey2006 »

i would say that it is awful to dis the young lad he is trying but if radders came back obviously it would be better becasue he was argueably the best full back in the world ( he was the besti n my eyes)
Boov-e