Injured man

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Re: Injured man

Post by Wigan Watcher »

dutchy posted:
i thought this topic was about the injured man? not who sits were and which is the best stand :conf:
Here here

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Sorry, usual thing, went off on a wild tangent!
Sorry to hear the bloke is in such a bad way and wish him a speedy recovery.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

yeah hope he gets better soon
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
standofftfield

Post by standofftfield »

FROM A TO B posted:
standofftfield posted:
FROM A TO B posted:
Thought being in the West Stand it would be more telling people not to clap so loudly and to pick up their prawn sandwiches :)
you say a steward, or the only steward for the West? Wasn't exactly bulging on Saturday was it?
Carefull mate we in the west stand can, and are as vocal as you lot in th south stand
As Nine has pointed out, I'm not a South Stander, but have no issue with the Chav section (especially when we all sing in time).
When you say "are as vocal", I take it you mean you as an individual and not the stand in it's entirety!
I appologise for the mistake in stand position.

Regarding the vocals in the west stand i cannot speak for all of it but certainly very vocal in the area around me.
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

dutchy posted:
i thought this topic was about the injured man? not who sits were and which is the best stand :conf:
Sion Long went to the doctor and said:
"I've just been playing Rugby and when I got back I found that when I touched my legs, my arms, my head, my tummy and everywhere else, it really hurt."
So the doctor said: "You've broken your finger."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

in reality supporters should remain in their seated area unless they choose to use the concourse facilities.
Mmm, well we all know this is complete bull. The reason they are kept clear is to prevent advertising boards being hidden from view. Advertising that has nothing to do with Wigan RLFC.

However, if we accept his point then it implies that everybody has an allocated seat in every stand. That is not the case in the South Stand. Now unless you have magical powers you have no idea until you walk from the concourse into the stand where suitable seats are available. How do you know where the available seats are, you go to the bottom and look up. Now if you see that there are empty seats to your left or right it is common sense to walk along the bottom to those vacant areas. It is not good practice to firstly stand on a series of stops blocking others whilst you try to look around and then trying to walk against the flow of supporters wanting to find seats. Health and safety wise it is crazy.

Oddly, Central Park must have been a real nightmare, all that open space for supporters to wander around, kiddies sat on the perimeter wall and yet shock horror no safety problems. The JJB Stadium and those who work their treat supporters shabbily.
Miggy

Post by Miggy »

Oddly, Central Park must have been a real nightmare, all that open space for supporters to wander around, kiddies sat on the perimeter wall and yet shock horror no safety problems. The JJB Stadium and those who work their treat supporters shabbily.
Here, here. Couldn't have put it better myself. We are Rugby League supporters-not football supporters and should be treated so.
Take me home, Wigan Road
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
cpwigan posted:
in reality supporters should remain in their seated area unless they choose to use the concourse facilities.
Mmm, well we all know this is complete bull. The reason they are kept clear is to prevent advertising boards being hidden from view. Advertising that has nothing to do with Wigan RLFC.

However, if we accept his point then it implies that everybody has an allocated seat in every stand. That is not the case in the South Stand. Now unless you have magical powers you have no idea until you walk from the concourse into the stand where suitable seats are available. How do you know where the available seats are, you go to the bottom and look up. Now if you see that there are empty seats to your left or right it is common sense to walk along the bottom to those vacant areas. It is not good practice to firstly stand on a series of stops blocking others whilst you try to look around and then trying to walk against the flow of supporters wanting to find seats. Health and safety wise it is crazy.

as i've told you before CP. it is a question of safety. and how long does it take to come out of a vomitory and spot a free seat.

you're telling me you come out the vomitory, walk all the way to the bottom of the stand. stand there looking round and then walk all the way back up to your seat? :eusa17: smart fella
You can't see empty seats easily from side on, or from above...so yes, that's the best vantage point to spot any empty ones.
I'd move back into the South like a shot if I could have an allocated seat; the only reason I moved to the East.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mr Steward, you cannot block the vomitory and you still need to have a look around. Now if I happen to spot a seat to my left what makes sense?

To turn around and try to make your way against the natural flow of spectators and then walk through a crowded concourse to the next vomitory enterance.

Or to simply carry on walking down a few steps then across the bottom walkway to the observed seating spot.

Oh and you admitted in your posts elsewhere that the rule about the bottom walkway was related to the advertising board. Which is actually TRUE. Now youve read a reply from the head honcho youve done a 360 and screamed safety. Is it any wonder stewards are not viewed favourably at the JJB.