Re: Hock!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I cannot be bothered to go back to find the threads but people scoffed when I said Hock was world class. What we are seeing now is actually only 50% of what we will get when he is fully fit. No missed tackles then and breaks /offloads a plenty. People forget just what form he was in before he got injured.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

cpwigan posted:
I cannot be bothered to go back to find the threads but people scoffed when I said Hock was world class. What we are seeing now is actually only 50% of what we will get when he is fully fit. No missed tackles then and breaks /offloads a plenty. People forget just what form he was in before he got injured.
Well said he looks like he has never been away. When fully fit he will be hard to better by any player in the Super League.
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

Fantastic player and I've never said anything otherwise, I said a couple of years back him and Lockers would be the back bone of our team for the next decade, hopefully this is still the case!

He's the 2nd best 2nd rower in our team IMO and is still behind Fletcher but wow you can see how he's been missed.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fletcher is not a patch on Hock. The Fletcher of 5 years ago maybe but not the 2006 version
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

cpwigan posted:
Fletcher is not a patch on Hock. The Fletcher of 5 years ago maybe but not the 2006 version
I agree with you here for me Fletcher has been a bad signing but whats new?

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would not say a bad signing and I'm prepared to give him time but unfortunately the Fletcher I remember playing for Aus / NSW and the Roosters was far better than he is today.
boovey2006

Post by boovey2006 »

send hock to bulls if you don't want him
Boov-e
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Flash posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
cpwigan posted:
I agree with you here for me Fletcher has been a bad signing but whats new?
Sorry but I've got to disagree again here. How can you reach this conclusion after a handful of games, returning from a life threatening operation and with several good performances under his belt already. Surely it's way too early to say he has been a bad signing? If you are saying that you think he will prove to be a bad signing, then I suppose time will tell.....
I call it as I see it and stand by what I say. I understand what you are saying but when you get a feel about someones performance (no Jokes please) then you stick by it!

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Hock has made an excellent comeback but I have to disagree with CPWigan re his form previously. IIRC when he first broke into the team he was full of tries but had slumped a bit just as he got hurt. A minor point, though. He looks the part now and I expect to see himgetting more and more game time until he is at 80 minutes a la Lockers.

Re Fletcher I have a different opinion in that, after what he has been through, he probably has a new perspective on life and on his priorities. It's really unfortunate, but I don't expect to see him run through walls for us.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Hang on a bit this guy has just had major surgery and was back on the park within a few weeks he has brought a bit of power and leadership to the pack get him and Hock fully fit and some good assets on the bench we will get on a roll