Shaun Briscoe

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Shaun Briscoe

Post by Welski »

Can't remember who said it but they were right...it was a huge loss to Wigan the day he left.

Watching him play for Hull on Sunday reminded me a lot of a certain Kris Radlinski. He looked so calm under the high ball and his support running and chasing kicks was pure KR.

:angry:
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
robjoenz

Re: Shaun Briscoe

Post by robjoenz »

I mentioned something a few weeks back. Yeah I thought he looked really good against Stains. His tackling was great, he's also got a bit bigger since last season and appears to have loads of confidence, something he seemed to lack when Radders got injured in the Cup Quarters last year. Big mistake letting him and PJ go. I have said it many times before and will say it again, I wish we'd have cut our losses with Lam in the off season. Sounds harsh but with the salary cap you need to look to the future!
Welski

Post by Welski »

Judging by his comments at the time:

"I never wanted to leave Wigan, it is the club I grew up with and all my mates are there.

"It is all down to the salary cap and I have to admit I am disappointed. But I have to put all that behind me because I can't do anything about it."

I reckon he would have no problem returning! :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Welski posted:
Judging by his comments at the time:

"I never wanted to leave Wigan, it is the club I grew up with and all my mates are there.

"It is all down to the salary cap and I have to admit I am disappointed. But I have to put all that behind me because I can't do anything about it."

I reckon he would have no problem returning! :D
I even seem to remember something at the time about it being his hometown club and if he were to get the chance he would want to come back. I said at the time it's a mistake, given he's the first decent cover we've had for Rads for as long as I can remember (and he could play wing if required, which would have been useful this year), I now worry that Hull wouldn't let him come back! When Rads hangs up his boots I pray the club do the sensible thing and get Shaun back. Damn this salary cap, it's criminal that we, having nurtured the lad into Superbleague, had to let such a talent go and let someone else get the benefit.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Welski

Post by Welski »

Talking of Hull not letting him go...they look a stronger side this year. Horne was very impressive its going to be a closer than people think this season. Leeds Bradford Saints and Hull I think will all take points off each other ...We really do not need any more injuries!!!
mario

Post by mario »

I think Sean shot himself in the foot to a certain extent!
I seem to remember that he was offered to go on loan,but refused saying that he would stay and fight for his place,but that wasn't an option. I agree with Rob that we should have let Lam go so that we could have kept a stronger squad. I think it was a very short sighted decision to keep him. Don't know how much the 20/20 rule had to do with it because i don't know how that rule works or if it can be used again to get him back.Unfortunatly i think we will have to pay big money to get him back one day.Thats if he doen't get settled in a team and decide to stay there.
LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !!

Post by LuKe RoBiNsOn Iz FiNe 'N' tHe BeSt !! »

i thought he was a good player we coluld defernatley use him and p.j now!