20 man squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Re: 20 man squad

Post by ChrisA »

Millward is adamant Rads wont play this week, I would tend to agree with that train of thought. I do hope I'm wrong though.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

tbh if he,s not ready i would leave him for another week,him just being there will help lift the boys and we should? beat the cats anyway.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

nathan_rugby posted:
Chris ashton at full back is for definate. You cannot have a player who hasnt played a full game since september, returing to a match and running the ball out every set, sprinting across pitch to defend and he isnt the fastest. We need ashton at full back who has been very reliable and never giving up in defence.
1-ashton
2-dallas
3-richards
4-radlinski
5-calderwood
6-orr
7-dobbson
8-feka
9-higham
10-logan
11-hock
12-fletcher
13-lockers

14-seu seu
15-godwin
16- dont care
17- dont care
very strong lineup
:lol: :lol:

I'll just highlight the weak areas as I see them.
Dallas -finished, Richards in the centre?Same for Rads and just out of his slippers, Calderwood first game back, Orr enough said, Dobson, the jury is still out, 10 minutes a half Feka, Seu SEu, finished and the 2 don't care are just frighteninmg assessments of our playing strength.

Still think it's a very strong line up?
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Doveoverdave posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
Chris ashton at full back is for definate. You cannot have a player who hasnt played a full game since september, returing to a match and running the ball out every set, sprinting across pitch to defend and he isnt the fastest. We need ashton at full back who has been very reliable and never giving up in defence.
1-ashton
2-dallas
3-richards
4-radlinski
5-calderwood
6-orr
7-dobbson
8-feka
9-higham
10-logan
11-hock
12-fletcher
13-lockers
14-seu seu
15-godwin
16- dont care
17- dont care
very strong lineup

Dallas -finished, Richards in the centre?Same for Rads and just out of his slippers, Calderwood first game back, Orr enough said, Dobson, the jury is still out, 10 minutes a half Feka, Seu SEu, finished and the 2 don't care are just frighteninmg assessments of our playing strength.

And Ive highlighted the areas of weekness!

So if we can find another 14 players then we will stop up.

suddy

Post by suddy »

Millward says...

I was delighted to see Kris Radlinski reveal he planned to come out of retirement to help Wigan in the fight against relegation. It is good news for the player - as you are a long time retired - and it gives him the chance to play at the top level again.

He will enjoy the challenge ahead while Chris Ashton also has a senior player to learn from.

The sad thing is it is all happening with only 12 games to go rather than at the start of a season.

He won't play this weekend so Kris only has 11 matches to get his fitness and sharpness back and make a telling contribution.

If that happens he can give Wigan some stability and confidence at full-back
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
1-ashton
2-dallas
3-richards
4-radlinski
5-calderwood
6-orr
7-dobbson
8-feka
9-higham
10-logan
11-hock
12-fletcher
13-lockers
14-seu seu
15-godwin
16- dont care
17- dont care
very strong lineup

And Ive highlighted the areas of weekness!

So if we can find another 14 players then we will stop up.
I disgree slightly. I for one am willing to give the Don't Care brothers time to settle in!! :wink:
Bear

Post by Bear »

nathan_rugby posted:
1-ashton
2-dallas
3-richards
4-radlinski
5-calderwood
6-orr
7-dobbson
8-feka
9-higham
10-logan
11-hock
12-fletcher
13-lockers

14-seu seu
15-godwin
16- dont care
17- dont care

very strong lineup
Does "Dont care" even mean Kevin Brown?! :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

Radlinski will be on the bench and when he comes on noble said he'll get a standing ovassion (dont no if thats spelt right) but he must produce the goods.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Martin WWRFL posted:
Radlinski will be on the bench and when he comes on noble said he'll get a standing ovassion (dont no if thats spelt right) but he must produce the goods.
According to the official site:

The speculation all week has been whether Kris Radlinski will be included and Brian has confirmed his selection in the 20 and told us he is likely to start in the centre role.

The Wigan 20 man squad is :-

Chris Ashton, Kevin Brown, Brett Dallas, Michael Dobson, Bryan Fletcher, Wayne Godwin, Darrell Goulding, Harrison Hansen, Mickey Higham, Danny Hill, Gareth Hock, Scott Logan, Nathan McAvoy, Eamon O'Carroll, Sean O'Loughlin, Danny Orr, Iafeta Paleaaesina, Kris Radlinski, Pat Richards, Jerry Seuseu.

Wigan are without still the injured David Vaealiki and Mark Calderwood is still not ready for a first team return despite a run out in the 21's last week at Leeds.
turf

Post by turf »

No Tickle? What's happened to him? Is he injured or just dropped?