NEW SIGNING

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
HindleyGreen28

Re: NEW SIGNING

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

i was just about to post the same thing Ian. He sounded very much like he was hiding coming to Wigan. Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but I think he was coyly fighting Wigan's corner. This could possibly be due to his mate Nobby being here, but I think he is coming / wants to come if we stay up.
Quinndog

Post by Quinndog »

cant imagine why bradford wouldhave a conference saying fielden is leaving even though they would prob get two of our players. we would be the ones with the conference as he would be the bigger signing cant see bradford fans being happy with that press conference.

their press conference will have something to do with sponsorship/odsal and player for next year
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Quinndog posted:
cant imagine why bradford wouldhave a conference saying fielden is leaving even though they would prob get two of our players. we would be the ones with the conference as he would be the bigger signing cant see bradford fans being happy with that press conference.

their press conference will have something to do with sponsorship/odsal and player for next year
The press confrence tomorrow will be nothing to do with any players coming or going.

1. They are going to Valley parade for a while (Ground improvemetns)

2. Assistant to Mcnamara

Which 2 are the better players Newton - Fielden or Calderwood - Higham. If a deal with both clubs had been done it would be a joint conference.

So for all the thickos (sorry for being direct) out there yes a chance is a transfer will be done of this nature next season but the clubs will not announce it now.

Also this is a Bulls conference not a joint one. What do you excpect them to do shoult yes weve signes 2 decent players and let go 2 WC players for some money.

Cmon Keep ir real please.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i dont believe until i see it on text or listening on radio.
IN WANE WE TRUST
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
When Higham was asked if he was going to Bradford he replied "am I ****"! :doz:
Who asked Higham was he off to Bradford then?

Dave
My wife. Also I forgot to mention that McNamara and Brian Smith were at the match too.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

HindleyGreen28 posted:
i was just about to post the same thing Ian. He sounded very much like he was hiding coming to Wigan. Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but I think he was coyly fighting Wigan's corner. This could possibly be due to his mate Nobby being here, but I think he is coming / wants to come if we stay up.
I watched this in amazement. I couldn't believe either the tone of his comments or his body language. It was screaming "I've signed for Wigan". I must say this is all very puzzling. As I've posted before, who in their right mind would sign for a club that is hot favourite for relegation?
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Ive rang my source with the reply being that nothing is being mentioned other than what we already know. I asked has Feilden spoke to Wigan? Not as far as my source is aware, they went on to say that it normally gets out if someone does.

I also asked will we go down when we finish bottom. The reply being Head Quarters are looking to keep Wigan up in a way to save face. However they do not want to make a mockery of their own rules. No plan has been mentioned at all to the Wigan board.

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

and Terry Newton as signed for next season also

Fielden and Newton

does that sound like a team who will be playing in NL1 next season

I DNT THINK SO
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

OAM posted:
and Terry Newton as signed for next season also
You mean, you have heard that....

Can we have some proof to back up these rumours please, because the only thing that has been officially stated is the Bradford Chairman's claim that no deal has been done and that (as of yesterday's press) these rumours are rubbish.

Whilst that statement does not stop something being sorted in the future with respect to the players mentioned, lots of people would be interested if he's not told the truth, and if you are saying the deal has already been done then he clearly isn't telling the truth....

How many times have rumours about players coming been shown to be rubbish...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

on teletext it says :

bradford bulls have denied they will move out of odsal and share grounds with neighbours bradford city FC at valley parade

The club are due to make a major announcement today - but insist it involves re-signing a player.

bulls cheif exec gareth davies said: "that is not going to happen. we are still hoping to build a sports village at odsal