Car Park Stewards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: Car Park Stewards

Post by waterside glens »

are you part of the squad that wore the white polo's with ss chavs on the back as i was talking to a few at half time at the saints game and they don,t seem bad lads
Donald_Bumsfelt

Post by Donald_Bumsfelt »

Paul Farny posted:
waterside glens posted:
Paul Farny posted: many people do think we are louts and all the rest of it , but the thing is I acted childish once at hull and thats the reputation we have been given. We dont hang around on street corners drinking , we dont assault people for nothing , we dont go round thinking we are hard. We just go to the rugby , sing a few songs then come home . . . seriously we arent wannabee hooligans , if we were so intent on being hooligans we would go and watch the football.
you say you don,t assult people for nothing what do you assult them for .btw your turning pink in your picture :wink:
we dont assault anyone , the point i was trying to make is that thugs and wannabee hooligans go round attacking and assaulting people for no reason we dont. btw the apostrophe key ' is on the same key as the @ button ( just a reminder so you dont keep using commas ) :wink:
You're a good looking lad there Paul.......I'm sure I know you from somewhere.

BTW - What did you get thrown out of Hull for?
Paul Farny

Post by Paul Farny »

Donald_Bumsfelt posted:
Paul Farny posted:
waterside glens posted: you say you don,t assult people for nothing what do you assult them for .btw your turning pink in your picture :wink:
we dont assault anyone , the point i was trying to make is that thugs and wannabee hooligans go round attacking and assaulting people for no reason we dont. btw the apostrophe key ' is on the same key as the @ button ( just a reminder so you dont keep using commas ) :wink:
You're a good looking lad there Paul.......I'm sure I know you from somewhere.

BTW - What did you get thrown out of Hull for?
The lads in the hull corner threw coins into our end and one hit me so i caused a bit of a stink and refused to leave the stadium.
R I P Penhead

Put on his wigan shirt , an he
walked into town
Sat down in a wigan rugby pub
at knocked his pint right down
Oh sean pennington, won't you look down over me
Yeah hes got a season ticket
An hes as true as a boy can be

Well hes walking in wigan
Walking with his famous cherry and white ,
Walking in Wigan
And we know hes gonna be all right.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Farny I will give you the benefit of the doubt. However, you have been in trouble at the JJB have you not. My recollection is that you were carried down the steps with 4 stewards attached to your limbs.

I do know several people, mainly female who frequent the top of the South Stand and they are decent people. Generally, the word I hear is that all the back of the South Stand grioup are fine and okay but a couple including you do not know when to stop and push it too far. Those are not my words. those are people who are friendly with you and like you.

BTW, get a top on, you'll catch your death
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

robjoenz posted:
bikerharry posted:
Thanks Fraggle. Actually Old Timer, I have been told by the club that the reason the front walkways were taken out of use at half time and on exiting the ground at full time is a direct result of a couple of incidents that happened during Latics matches. Like I said, I have no gripe against the latics or their fans, I just don't see why we're treated as one and the same by the club? So perhaps I did use some thought before I posted and not just paranoid.
I would have thought it makes sense for there to be as many common rules as possible, makes them easier to implement leading to less confusion for both stewards and spectators.

I really don't understand the complaints at barriering off the front row though. There is plenty of room to meet friends in the concourse area and it doesn't make life that much more difficult when looking for seats, I've never needed to walk to the front of a packed Huddersfield away stand or Widnes away stand in order to spot seats. I suspect it is more a feeling of having a priviledge removed. What inconvinience does it really cause though?

One thing that could have been better was relocating those that sat in Row A (Row A to B for example). Why didn't they just move every row back one?
From A to B, that's a good idea!!!!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Donald_Bumsfelt

Post by Donald_Bumsfelt »

Farny...........I don't know you but you look an honest lad so I'll take your word for it.

By the way, don't listen to CP. You leave that top OFF :wink:

By the way........do you work out? You look like you've done a bit of work on your chest.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

RobJoenz:

I really don't understand the complaints at barriering off the front row though. There is plenty of room to meet friends in the concourse area and it doesn't make life that much more difficult when looking for seats, I've never needed to walk to the front of a packed Huddersfield away stand or Widnes away stand in order to spot seats. I suspect it is more a feeling of having a priviledge removed. What inconvinience does it really cause though?
what do you mean what inconvenience does it cause? The other day a girl and her boyfriend came down the wrong row and found out her mate was at the complete other end of our row, so rather than let her walk down one more step, across the bottom and up to her mate (one row up) she either had to walk all the way back up the stairs and down the other side, or get us all up which is what happened. Its very easy to go down the wrong bit and it shouldn't be a problem if you do.

As for walking along the front to find seats, well I've regularly done that at the JJB since my seats are not reserved. Its a lot easier to walk down to the bottom and look up for spaces for 5 or 6 than it is to look from the top over peoples heads.

It's just a ridiculous rule that seems more against health and safety and geared towards the precious advertising and hitlerness of some of the stewards at that ground. Admittedly, a select few are fine and I do and have known quite a few over the years we've been there but the majority have let power get to their heads.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

spot on mrs.L