Hookers

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chrisJJ

Hookers

Post by chrisJJ »

Do you think that the team was a lot better with just one hooker (higham) i think it gave a bit more consistancy in attack and in defence higham is one of the best?

But if this true where does the leave Godwin?

and subs:

Hasnsen- played well, when given the chance

Brown- No mistakes a good game?

Seuseu- solidered on

Danny Tickle- Went down a bit easy but made good field position. A bit over shadowed by the rest of the pack but still extremely brave.
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Fujiman

Re: Hookers

Post by Fujiman »

chrisJJ posted:
Brown- No mistakes a good game?
Wasn't really on long enough but you could tell he was up for it, as was the rest of the lads
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

I tend to agree. Higham has been improving week and week, especially in the games where he hasn't been subbed. He's playing the best he has all season at the moment. But where that leaves Godwin I'm not sure. He's certainly a valuable squad member but changing the hookers round during a game hasn't really worked.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Godwin & Dobson in the halves.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I am a really big fan of godwin. Like feka he started off fantastic and was our best player. He came on as sub and ran at defence with pace often catching markers not sqaure.
I think it is really important having 2 great hookers. They can fill in at 6 or 7 with ease. Leeds have 2, diskin and millard. bradrod have henderson and newton, saints have cunningham and ?
Looks like every team is trying to do it.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

i think brown will be goin huddersfield as when rugby league said the fielden transfer was fine they said they'd contacted nfl and super league teams to make sure our proposed moves are goin through so they would have contacted leigh about hargreaves and i think the super league team would have been huddersfield.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

nathan_rugby posted:
saints have cunningham and ?
James Roby :eh:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

And we are ment to be getting huddersfield centre james evens i think he called.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

chrisJJ posted:
Do you think that the team was a lot better with just one hooker (higham) i think it gave a bit more consistancy in attack and in defence higham is one of the best?

But if this true where does the leave Godwin?
He's a bit too similar in style to Higham for my liking, although a cracking player in his own right. To whoever said that most teams have two hookers at the moment, the two normally have different styles. Previously we've had Newton and Mark Smith, with Smithy providing pace that Newton didn't have but not as effective in defence and support. When Higham was at the Skints he did the same for fat lump KFC. I'm not sure if retaining both Higham and Godwin really benefits us too much, and it will be interesting to see how Noble views things, particularly given that as an ex-GB hooker himself he's going to know that position better than anyone!

Given that I can't remember seeing him play, what kind of style does Mike McIllorum have? Have we got room for 2 established hookers with a 3rd who's highly rated and will be looking to break into the first team soon?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

Leyther Pie posted:
nathan_rugby posted:
saints have cunningham and ?
James Roby :eh:
Half-back
To be the best
you have to beat the best