KB to Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
StevosShrink

Re: KB to Huddersfield

Post by StevosShrink »

He could play alongside Andrew Johns and still be completeley ineffective.

At least Danny Orr works his a**e off for the cause -his critisism in previous seasons has been justified but you cannot doubt his attitude this year, especially in recent matches.

Kev Brown is a decent NL1 player - nothing against the guy but I think that is his level.

StevosShrink

Post by StevosShrink »

sudokuwarrior posted:
danny orrful stand off most of season. team bottom of league!!!
So its all his fault then.
You defend Kev Brown yet slag off Danny Orr............... well, it takes all sorts.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

StevosShrink posted:
sudokuwarrior posted:
You defend Kev Brown yet slag off Danny Orr............... well, it takes all sorts.
Orr is better defensively, KB is better in attack. Depends what you feel a stand-off should be doing.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Flash posted:
It was interesting that, prior to coming to Wigan,Brian Noble used KB as an example of what happens when too much expectation and pressure is put on a young player too early. Apparently it went along the lines of "he has gone from a potentially great player to one who can hardly catch a ball". Those are not his exact words BTW. Maybe he feels a spell away from Wigan and the pressures associated with our club and situation is what he needs to re-ignite the fires. I suppose we'll find out by virtue of whether he returns to the club or not after his loan spell.
That's pretty much my impression. Maybe it's the "star in a bar" syndrome? The talent is there, the question is whether he can change his attitude enough to fully utilise it.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

look its not about Kevin Brown. we have to loan out players to accomodate Fielden on the salary cap.

So what would you rather have Kevin Brown as a sub or Fielden. Pretty obvious isn't it.

I think Brown is a decent centre myself. Shames he's not a tad bigger. He thinks he is a stand off but believe me he is not.
Gary Fletcher

Post by Gary Fletcher »

I think Brown was good at full-back but i dont know that much about him. Thats just my opinion

:cool:
Briers for Britain
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Gary Fletcher posted:
I think Brown was good at full-back but i dont know that much about him. Thats just my opinion

:cool:
Probably his worst fill in to date?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GezaWarrior

Post by GezaWarrior »

i agree with you there he was a crackin player under gregory but hes been terrible since
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

StevosShrink posted:
sudokuwarrior posted:

Danny Orr was a good player in a bad team, now he is just a bad player!!!!
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

StevosShrink posted:
Kev Brown is a decent NL1 player - nothing against the guy but I think that is his level.
Where we are at the moment, we will be NL! so kev will be fine, won't he?
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!