who your favorite player and why ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevocod

Re: who your favorite play...

Post by stevocod »

DaveO posted:
stevocod posted:
DaveO posted:
If you are ging off players perfrmances this season there is only one candidate, Mickey Higham.

By far the most consistantly good player in the team.

All the rest of the team (and I do mean all of them) have fallen far too far below the standard Higham has set far too often.

Had they played as he has, we'd be in the top three in the league.

Dave
Higham's been consistent all year agree and i would replace Godwin with Newton as much as i like Godwin, i think starting with Newton and when he tires or loses it a bit bring on Higham, like Saints used to do with Cunningham.

Or if Lockers, Fletcher or Hock are having a bad game leave Newton on and put Newton in the back row as he has done for Bradford quite well.

His offloading ability and the way he is able to put a team on the front foot with his sniping around dummy half, why not Higham and Newton?
Given Newton does not play for us I didn't think he could figure in this thread. If it is favourute player regarless then you may as well say why not Andrew Johns.

I don't think Higham would want to revert to playing second fiddle to Newton, which is what he did to KFC at Saints so I reckon it is one or the other and not both.

They both have their plus points but to my mind people are blind to Newtons faults. He is a very skillful player but I think he can be lazy at times and he definately gives away too many penalties. I don't think he handles pressure that well either seemingly easyily wound up in the big games.

Dave
Newton gives away too many penalties when he's wound and like i say that's when you can interchange. IMO he is a better creative hooker than anyone in the game and how many times was he man of the match last year regardless of his discipline?

Look he may give away penalties, but countless of the remaining players this season have. How many has Lockers give away on high shots alone?
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

mickey higham for his effort and work rate. fielden because he is sheer class. richards ebcause i like the guy and thinks he deserves a chance.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

stevocod posted:
Newton gives away too many penalties when he's wound and like i say that's when you can interchange. IMO he is a better creative hooker than anyone in the game and how many times was he man of the match last year regardless of his discipline?

Look he may give away penalties, but countless of the remaining players this season have. How many has Lockers give away on high shots alone?
None of the others have ever picked up a 12 match ban or whatever it was...

As for man-of-the-match last season, it wasn't during any of the games when he was captain as he seemed to disappear completely as if he couldn't cope with the responsibility of being both hooker and skipper. The good thing that came out of that was to show how good Godwin was in comparison, but I'm not convinced that Newton's a much better player than Higham. They are different, and Higham seems to be fitting into how we play at the moment.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

xXxbeckylvzrobx Xx posted:
i like ASPINWALL even tho e left us lol!!! ell b bk 1 day :wink: hehe
I really hope not love, we need class right now, and this boy does not have it!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Lockers because of his fine leadership qualities.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Fraggle posted:
stevocod posted:

None of the others have ever picked up a 12 match ban or whatever it was...

As for man-of-the-match last season, it wasn't during any of the games when he was captain as he seemed to disappear completely as if he couldn't cope with the responsibility of being both hooker and skipper. The good thing that came out of that was to show how good Godwin was in comparison, but I'm not convinced that Newton's a much better player than Higham. They are different, and Higham seems to be fitting into how we play at the moment.
I'm not knocking Higham's performances he's been excellent for us all season, i just think if we had another game breaker it would help and he would be unlikely to get a 12 match ban if he was interchanged when he starts to lose it.
bec-wigan-4lyf

Re: who your favorite player a...

Post by bec-wigan-4lyf »

my favourite players for wigan are Harrison Hansen, Wayne Godwin, Chris Ashton and Mickey Higham i think they alwayz play as best they can in every game and they are all nice looking to. I was talking to Mickey Higham before the warrington game and he is one of the nicest people i have ever meet and he promised me and my mates that he won't leave wigan because he enjoys it so much and he said that the only way he was going to leave is if they dragged him out.
wigan til i die i no i am im sure i am im wigan til i die!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Doveoverdave posted:
Lockers because of his fine leadership qualities.
i do hope that's sarcasm becaus eif it aint your eyes need checking.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

O'Loughlin because he is a local lad and he's bags of talent, I really hope he'll go on to prove all the critics wrong because IMO he is the finest player to come through the academy since Faz and Radders. Also Dallas for his sheer bravery and his loyal service to Wigan RL.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I live in the past so it has got to be one Mr Hanley.

I was privileged to watch a genius of the highest quality at work a privilege that I doubt I will ever have again!