kevin brown!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: kevin brown!

Post by ancientnloyal »

The majority of people that will miss him are teenage girls, i dont know why.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Fraggle posted:
sudokuwarrior posted:
he has not been the only player not playing well this season so why make one man a scapegoat.
......, no-one's blaming him alone.
not the impression i have got from some of the post on this board
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

and just in case anybody was wandering i am not one of the teenage kev brown fans. it is a long time since i saw my teenage years. :(

ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

He hasn't converted the promise he showed 2/3 years ago into first team performances but he has been in a team that has struggled badly over the past two years. I am sorry to see him go but with the arrival of Bailey/Barrett and Lueluai there was not going to be room for him under the ludicrous salary cap rules.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

sudokuwarrior posted:
brown just the latest scapegoat. he hasn't lost us all the matches this season he hasn't played in them
Latest scapegoat? Several people on here have considered him poor for more than this season if you care to look.

He has actually cost us games in my opinion in previous seasons.

Two incidents in particular stand out.

1. He makes a break down the left centre in our own 20m line. Looks straight ahead and passes the ball into touch without looking where he passes it.

Opposition gets scrum and scores in the next set, we loose by less than the six points they got from that.

2. It is the last tackle and we are defending our line in our 10m area. The opposition passes the ball out the right where Brown is marking the centre and we have a winger marking the winger. It was a poor pass looping high through the air.

All he had to do was wait for the centre to catch it and hit him. Turnover to us.

But not KB. He goes for the interception but the ball is too high and all he succeeds in doing is batting it to the oppsoition winger and they score.

He simply can't have been counting the tackles and instead of winning the ball in a turnove goes for glory but costs us a try and IIRC correctly another match.

I have also seen him pass when he should hold onto the ball and hold onto it when he should pass.

He simply has not got the RL brain to be a stand off and nor the size to be a centre as players just walk all over him in that position.

Dave
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Will Kevin Brown be playing against you in rnd25 v's Huddersfield?
:sarc:
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

DaveO posted:
sudokuwarrior posted:
brown just the latest scapegoat. he hasn't lost us all the matches this season he hasn't played in them
Looks straight ahead and passes the ball into touch without looking where he passes it.

He simply has not got the RL brain to be a stand off and nor the size to be a centre as players just walk all over him in that position.
if he didn't have an rl brain why would he be at a superleague club. as for not looking and passing straight into touch take a look at how many other players have cost us tries this season doing exactly the same.

Dawber

Post by Dawber »

ian.birchall posted:
He hasn't converted the promise he showed 2/3 years ago into first team performances but he has been in a team that has struggled badly over the past two years. I am sorry to see him go but with the arrival of Bailey/Barrett and Lueluai there was not going to be room for him under the ludicrous salary cap rules.
Have i missed something?, Have we actually signed Lueluai?, So we have lost Brown for the rest of the season, Don't forget people he has gone out on loan, Is it not better that the lad gets more experience playing first team football in superleague with Huddersfield?, Lets face it he wasn't going to get a game for us in his form at the moment, Lets just hope he copmes back a better player. So all you Kev fans don't worry he will be back.
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

sudokuwarrior posted:
i am not one of the teenage kev brown fans. it is a long time since i saw my teenage years. :(
she isn't lying either, it is a few decades since she was a teenager,

and i am a teenage kev brown fan, but i think it is nasty the way he has been treated by the club, give the boy his chance, and the way the fans have turned on him.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

sudokuwarrior posted:
he was thrown in during an injury crisis at 18 and has been expected to a world beater striaght away he is still only 21 and hasn't been brought on as he should have been. he has not been the only player not playing well this season so why make one man a scapegoat.
He's had three years in the first team to make his mark. Millward picked him ahead of Orr a few times and he failed to deliver.

If you compare Brown to Maguire you see why everyone is so disappointed. Maguire played for GB on Tuesday and scored. The same coach does not even consider Brown good enough for a bench spot at club level.

Maybe the trip to Huddersfield will make him realise that if he wants to be the star that everyone said he would be at 18 then he needs to work on the basics and cut out the suicide rugby that has been mentioned else where in this thread.

As for saying that he is a one man scape goat - he can't be blamed when he doesn't play. Further more most of the team including Lockers have come in for criticism.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------