Video Ref

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jake

Video Ref

Post by Jake »

Once again we are being killed by the video ref, I bet Jerry Kershaw has got a Wakefield post code.
GeoffN

Re: Video Ref

Post by GeoffN »

Jake posted:
Once again we are being killed by the video ref, I bet Jerry Kershaw has got a Wakefield post code.
York, actually.

Mind you, it's far from the first time he's robbed us.
Fortunately, it didn't affect the result.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Just sen the match replay on SKY +... the first try was not 'benefit of the doubt'... no way... the second, WAS a penalty try... sadly. dobsons hand did come down but not deliberately...

2 points anyways
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

what is wrong with fans theses days?first we say all matches should have them, because the video can't lie but when it suits us they are wrong. ima they should ALL or none no half way :conf:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal posted:
Just sen the match replay on SKY +... the first try was not 'benefit of the doubt'... no way... the second, WAS a penalty try... sadly. dobsons hand did come down but not deliberately...
If it was not deliberate it was not a penalty try otherwise we should have had one at Wakefield to win us the game.

What is more for a penalty try to be given you have to be fouled in the act of scoring a try. As the Quins player was short of the line that can't be the case. There was no way he was going over the line or reaching out to put the ball down.

If the video ref decided Dobson was deliberate in his action then given where the Quins player was it should simply have been a penalty, not a penalty try.

Over on rlfans I think it is pie eyed who has the scanner/refs call thing and his reporitng of what was said makes interesting reading. In a nutshell the ref and touch judges could not understand how he gave the decision which begs the question if the ref didn't think it was a try why go to the video ref in the first place?

Dave
#1 warrior princess

Post by #1 warrior princess »

Kershaw was blind as a bat yesterday!
You can take the girl out of Wigan, but you can't take Wigan out of the girl!
Welski

Post by Welski »

The more I watch these video decisions the more I'm convinced the officials first thought is "what are the implications of my decision" rather than "what is the correct decision".

Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Both = no try, Simple as that, The sad part about it is if come the end of the season and it comes down to points difference? Well need i say more.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Even Tony Rea admits they should never have been given.
"Even Quins coach Tony Rea was shaking his head.

"I can't believe it. I don't know where they get these calls from
."

http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... ID=1603591
Steph

Post by Steph »

We watched the replay yesterday. When they scored them tries (that wre not tries) stevo said for the first try the video ref will give a benifit of the doubt and next minute on the big screen it came up as benifit of the doubt, same again for the plenty try.
xxxxxxx Warriors 2008 xxxxxx
ooooooooooooo were the greatest club in the world
we've got barrett n kenny
edwards n hanley
boston n kevin iroooooo