dallas wants further inprovements

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigan rugby

dallas wants further inprovements

Post by wigan rugby »

Brett Dallas scored his 10th try of the season against Salford in his side's 20-12 win on Friday, but admitted the Warriors still have room for improvement, despite claiming their fifth straight win.

"Salford made us work hard, particularly in the second half but the only time they really scared us was when we gave away silly penalties," he said.

"It was the same thing last week in the second half against Wakefield and we will have to work on our discipline because conceding penalties like that will hurt us against the top teams.

"But it was good to get the win. Everyone's confidence and self-belief is improving week by week since Brian Noble came on board.

"I've been getting some good ball from Danny Orr, who has been awesome over the last few weeks, which has helped me to get some scores."

DO YOU AGREE
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

yokozuna

Re: dallas wants further inpro...

Post by yokozuna »

wigan rugby posted:
Brett Dallas scored his 10th try of the season against Salford in his side's 20-12 win on Friday, but admitted the Warriors still have room for improvement, despite claiming their fifth straight win.

"Salford made us work hard, particularly in the second half but the only time they really scared us was when we gave away silly penalties," he said.

"It was the same thing last week in the second half against Wakefield and we will have to work on our discipline because conceding penalties like that will hurt us against the top teams.

"But it was good to get the win. Everyone's confidence and self-belief is improving week by week since Brian Noble came on board.

"I've been getting some good ball from Danny Orr, who has been awesome over the last few weeks, which has helped me to get some scores."

DO YOU AGREE
Spot on all the way if you ask me.

We've improved, but some of the mistakes we make (going forward and also giving penalties away) have made some of the games we should have won relatively comfortably, bloody hard work.

..and over the last three games, Orr has been immense.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
turf

Re: dallas wants further i...

Post by turf »

Well said Brett. He is saying it like it is.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

yokozuna posted:
wigan rugby posted:

DO YOU AGREE
Spot on all the way if you ask me.

We've improved, but some of the mistakes we make (going forward and also giving penalties away) have made some of the games we should have won relatively comfortably, bloody hard work.

..and over the last three seasons, Orr has been immensely disappointing.
Just correcting your typo. :wink:

Seriously, I have been on hols and only managed to tape the Salford game, so I can't comment on Orr until I get tapes of Wakey and Quins. Must say, though, that from what I've heard he is playing a different game now. Funny how the signings of Barratt (sp) and Leuluai have made him pull up his socks! :sly:

EDIT: Has Hayley04 been on after these MOM performances proclaiming him to be world class again, or was she, like me, on hols and missed his crowning glory? :D
george of the jungle

Post by george of the jungle »

I would be cool if all the players new what was wrong and how to make it better. Dallas should give them a talk, he be the captain for a day.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I promise to give my honest opinion after watching the DVDs. As I said I saw the Salford game and THB he went well. Seemed to have much more confidence. (I need to lie down..............) :)
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

wgnwrs posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
I promise to give my honest opinion after watching the DVDs. As I said I saw the Salford game and THB he went well. Seemed to have much more confidence. (I need to lie down..............) :)
You should watch Harlequins and Wakefield he was even better in them jinkin jimmy!
I meant those 2!! Wakey should be with me tomorrow. Can't wait to watch him turn in a great performance!!
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Actually no i haven't been on holiday. It's just that i don't think there's any need for comment from me. I'm not the type to gloat either!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

hayley 04 posted:
Actually no i haven't been on holiday. It's just that i don't think there's any need for comment from me. I'm not the type to gloat either!
Well said, Hayley! I'll be delighted to grovel, if he keeps playing as he has until the end of season! :blush:
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

It sounds silly but I just can't! It's not in my nature, although to say i'm pleased and happy is an understatement especially if what he's doing helps keep us up! But as Brian Noble has said they are all working for each other and playing as a team.