Your First Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bear

Your First Match

Post by Bear »

What was the first wigan match you ever went to in your life

Mine was Sheffield Eagles at Central Park
Andy Farrel Scored the first try and i was sat in were the cloths section ia in tesco :)
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Sutty

Re: Your First Match

Post by Sutty »

Mine was Wigan -v- Australia in 1986 at Central Park, Brett Kenny played for Wigan and there was a pitch invasion (good natured) after the match. I was sat on top of the old concrete dugout roof. Aaahhh the good old days :D

vaealikizbabe

Post by vaealikizbabe »

i dont no but it was almost 14 years ago when i was 7 weeks old oversly i cant remember much. my mum and dad worked alot so a spent alot of time with my great grandad and he is Jonni larwingson so that is all he used to talk about so i was born to support wigan warriors.
( by the way i cant spell anything)
warriors 4 life
Bear

Post by Bear »

Sutty posted:
Mine was Wigan -v- Australia in 1986 at Central Park, Brett Kenny played for Wigan and there was a pitch invasion (good natured) after the match. I was sat on top of the old concrete dugout roof. Aaahhh the good old days :D
:lol: Why do you think i made the post
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Sutty posted:
I get very depressed when people talk about the mid 80's (or whenever) as the good OLD days!

Can't remember my first game exactly, but it would have been mid 50's, sat on the wall (or on my dad's shoulders) in front of the popular stand at CP. I remember being upset that mum & dad wouldn't take me to Wembley in '58 or in '59 'cos they thought I was too young.
jokerss

Post by jokerss »

mine was 1984 challenge cup final v widnes when i was 6 and joe lydon got man of the match
baz
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

GeoffN posted:
Sutty posted:
I get very depressed when people talk about the mid 80's (or whenever) as the good OLD days!

Can't remember my first game exactly, but it would have been mid 50's, sat on the wall (or on my dad's shoulders) in front of the popular stand at CP. I remember being upset that mum & dad wouldn't take me to Wembley in '58 or in '59 'cos they thought I was too young.
Sorry Geoff, I didn't mean to rub it in :lol: I was 13 at the time and I haven't missed many games since. This sport can definately be addictive.

bonbon

Post by bonbon »

My first match was in the mid 70`s. I can remember Green Vigo. I was only 6. Use to go to the matches, when we were over here from Kenya, visiting family up here.

My god, i`m showing my age :wink:
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion

To do list
Win World Club Challenge-2021
Win Challenge Cup-2021
Win Super League-2020
Win League Leaders Shield-2020
bonbon

Post by bonbon »

My first match was in the mid 70`s. I can remember Green Vigo. I was only 6. Use to go to the matches, when we were over here from Kenya, visiting family up here.

My god, i`m showing my age :wink:
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion

To do list
Win World Club Challenge-2021
Win Challenge Cup-2021
Win Super League-2020
Win League Leaders Shield-2020
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

from what i recall it was the 1985 challenge cup final. Dont remember going before then but i was only four at the final. What a game.
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.