Re: Hooker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jokerss

Post by jokerss »

I was thinking about him last week, in relation to when his ban would be up.He certainly was a good up and coming player.
baz
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I never knew wigan had a hooker situation, i know bolton has a red-light district (so ive heard)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ancientnloyal posted:
I never knew wigan had a hooker situation, i know bolton has a red-light district (so ive heard)
Probably be a good place for Mr Hudson to get some more drugs...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Flash posted:
A thought struck me last night regarding our hooker situation. If Wagga is off to Hull and Terry is not coming back as has been suggested maybe that brings the forgotten man into the frame, Ryan Hudson. His ban is served at the end of this season and of course it was Nobby who signed him for Bradford as a replacement for James Lowes, so he obviously rates him highly.
Although that was before he got sussed for taking banned steroids. Would Nobby have been quite so keen if he'd known Hudson was a cheat?

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
armyXIII

Post by armyXIII »

and he'd be cheap....!
Strength by superior fire power...
Jake

Post by Jake »

Fraggle posted:
Flash posted:
A thought struck me last night regarding our hooker situation. If Wagga is off to Hull and Terry is not coming back as has been suggested maybe that brings the forgotten man into the frame, Ryan Hudson. His ban is served at the end of this season and of course it was Nobby who signed him for Bradford as a replacement for James Lowes, so he obviously rates him highly.
Although that was before he got sussed for taking banned steroids. Would Nobby have been quite so keen if he'd known Hudson was a cheat?
Nobby probably knew he was a cheat,he was on the Yorkshire drug squad when he was a bobby.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Still picks Cunningham who was found guilty....and Long and Gleeson are both cheats!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Flash posted:
Fraggle posted:
Flash posted:
Well he supported other players through far worse (such as court cases) and at the end of the day he has served his punishment. You can't keep punishing someone for the same offence. Presumably the RFL thought 2 years sufficient for his particular offence and since they have it in their power to impose a lifetime ban presumably it wasn't a particularly bad example. Whatever the circumstances in this particular case, his ban has been served and sometimes this kind of adversity can make a player and indeed a person stronger.
And yet there's all that controversy in the media at the moment about top athletes and cyclists getting life bans for taking similar things. I know that taking steroids is a bit different to heroin or cocaine (shame on you, Wendall Sailor), but they're still talking of life bans for some of these people. Our sport is going to look a bit soft on drugs if we start saying to players, "ok, you've had your ban, go off and get another big contract and we'll pretend it never happened". IIRC Bradford got rid of him pretty sharpish as soon as he was found out, which didn't happen with KFC at Saints. KFC had various excuses, mediciation I think, which Hudson has never commented on (and he has access to the media through other family members, his sister being an ex-Corrie actress for eaxmple, so if he wanted to protest his innocence then there would be ways for him to do so publically).

I suspect he might find it difficult to get back into top-flight rugby league because of his tarnished reputation, and the current purge on drugs cheats in other sports.

[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Fraggle posted:
I suspect he might find it difficult to get back into top-flight rugby league because of his tarnished reputation, and the current purge on drugs cheats in other sports.
However, a quick look on Wikipedia says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Hudson

"He has also recently been signed to the Huddersfield Ginats for the 2007/8 seasons"

Presumably as a reserve to Brad Drew, who's not getting any younger. Oh well, I'm clearly not expert enough about drugs. Anyone know where I can get some....?! (a joke, before any says anything)

[hr]
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

ancientnloyal posted:
Trust you to know that.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!