Points Reduction!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mario

Re: Points Reduction!!!

Post by mario »

I can't see it myself, It's one area that i would expect Mo to excel in!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
http://www.totalrl.com/fansforum/index. ... 7443&st=15

This is the TotalRL.COM fans forum on the subject.

This is the only place ive read anything about the potential salary cap breach.One post mentions Martyn Sadlers deep seated hate of Wigan full stop.

I have to say this news would be like wild shi*e around all the press and media if it is Wigan but the news seems to be limited to the League Express.

Im sure Chairman Mo would have come out and said something by now to counter the claims
Nine has said it's been mentioned on BBC Manchester, and SportingLife now have a "we're not sure if there's a story here or not" report: http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... aries.html. But it's funny how this has only come to light on a Monday morning with Sadler's trashy taboid being published. Were the teams not in breach on Friday, or Thursday, or has something happened during Sunday that none of the other media sources have picked up on (although expect to see something in the WEP once they've finished reading the various internet message boards they seem to get all their "news" from).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

as to be bradford and london losing money so much cant see it being us ,sts and leeds as we all made money last year,as i keep saying the 1.7 million is a maximum not a minimum
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

If there is any truth in this rumour and we do get a points deduction, this just highlights how totally incompotent the RFL truely are:

a) hand out fines towards the end of this season for the previous season- didnt NZ warriors get their fine for last season before this season began? obviously our governing body cant cope with auditing the accounts before the season starts.

b) have a rule book that is constantly tinkered with and seems to rely largely upon each referees individual interpretation which combined with a poor set of refs gives total inconsistancy from game to game.

c) give out varied fines and bans to different players for similar events- and worse give out more lenient fines to worse acts than to more serious ones.

d) make up rules regarding the superleague as they go along- henry paul and quins in challenge cup, larger prize money for NL1 winners that dont attain promotion.

rugby league will never get any credibility in the uk media eye if it continues to have such a useless bunch of door 'knobs' as it does at present. maybe the rfl think that to get column inches they need to keep making controversy.

and if we are fined, how the hell do saints keep under the salary cap- large wads in brown envelopes that come from the gate takings?
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

just been on here whyn do people automattically think its wigan our name not mentioned any where yet a sts fan presumes wigan straight away ,and claims automatic relegation .Do the forget that they broke the rules a few years ago and won the gf take the title off them and relegate them .By the way i have heard the 3 clubs are bradford ,london and sts 2 points off wont efeect 2 of them but would the 3rd if it is these 3 clubs 2 points isnt enough
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

sack all the rfl board if its took so long to sort this out,as you say the aussies had this in place at the start of there season ie nz warriors had 8 pts deducted ,which will make them just misss out on the playoffs hit them in there pockets as well.just think its the papers trying to sell there papers as they have nothing else to put in now wigan are winning sack martin saddler he a uselees to****

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
as to be bradford and london losing money so much cant see it being us ,sts and leeds as we all made money last year,as i keep saying the 1.7 million is a maximum not a minimum
From reading various other sites, people are saying they have heard (which is a bit unlikely, given that Mr Sadler seems the only person to publically say anything, but anyway...) the clubs are those who have been able to raise the £3.4m required to spend the full amount of their salary cap limit of £1.7m. Bradford do have income, but they also are reputed to have historical debts. The salary cap is not related to the club's profit situation, it is purely tied to income. If you bring in £3.4m then you can spend £1.7m on salaries, but you could also be losing £5m a year and that does not get considered. So Bradford's rumoured debt doesn't mean they are necessarily in trouble here, even if they do make easy targets for journalists (as do we, just for being Wigan).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

First I heard of this was last night. I was told then that Wigan are being investigated first, followed by Bradford and then Saints.
#1 warrior princess

Post by #1 warrior princess »

Why are they only releasing the info now on it?
Audits are carried out in December aren't they?
It seems peculier to do it now with only 5 rounds to go.
You can take the girl out of Wigan, but you can't take Wigan out of the girl!
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

Was it around this time when Saints and Hull got points deducted a couple of years back?
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!